Liquid Fast.

Hi guys :)

I want to try a liquid fast. I've googled it and I am getting so many mixed messages!! I understand citrussy drinks are a no go but I just wondered whether you could do it on fruit juice bought from the supermarket? I don't have a juicer or blender at home to make my own.

The only one I can really do with no prep is the water one.

Just wanted a bit of advice really.

LMK
xx

Replies

• PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Why, oh why, oh why, would you want to do this to yourself?

There's nowt as queer as folk. As they allegedly say in Northern England.
  • PhilipByrne
    If you want a serious answer you could search the forums. I'm sure someone on here has tried every possible, liquid/cabbage/eggs and peaches (I made that one up) diet available.

You really don't need to do it, but it's your colon.

Good Luck
    Phil
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Juice fasts are useless.
  • nifnif
    nifnif Posts: 22
    Don't liquid fast to lose weight unless you have a way to get adequate calories. Otherwise afterwards, you will gain everything right back, perhaps even more.

The longest that I have water fasted was 72 hours. It was a very enlightening experience. I lost 3 lbs, but I gained it all back afterwards, just like I have with any calorie or nutrient-restricting diets.

That said, I'm an advocate for experimentation. Try whatever you think sounds interesting, and be vigilant about its results.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    please hunny, you need the proper nutrients which you're not getting from liquids!
    if you lose any weight it would come straight back anyway...

ps orange juice is actually seen to be quite bad other than it has heaps of sugars it also has fungicitis in it (a recent study found) which is what people use to kill fungi! eeek D:
  • I thought it was good to cleanse you out thats all.

Thanks everyone :)
    I won't do it :)

xxxx
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    I thought it was good to cleanse you out thats all.

xxxx

Your kidneys and liver do a pretty good job at cleansing your organism. Just trust them :-)
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273

xxxx

Your kidneys and liver do a pretty good job at cleansing your organism. Just trust them :-)

I trust mine and they do all that job for me :flowerforyou:
  • Lots of water will cleanse you out :)
  • PhilipByrne

xxxx

I trusted mine and then they cheated on me with my Pancreas, just cos he's slimmer than me. Never again.
  • dont do a juice fast. it wont help you at all.

when i liquid fast i just drink a lot of water, green tea, coffee, and sometimes soups or smoothies.
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273

xxxx

I trusted mine and then they cheated on me with my Pancreas, just cos he's slimmer than me. Never again.

my fav organ!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa5MrT3yY-I