Could have been disasterous........

Options
I am actually proud of myself for overcoming what I did today. I sat down in front of the tv early this afternoon and had a box of wheat thins in front of me which I usually don't do because of mindless eating. Well I ended up eating six servings of the wheat thins before I realized what I was doing. I quickly put the box up and decided that I was going to work off those calories. I ended up going for a 4 mile walk and dd 15 minute miles and then did a 2 mile Walk and Kick DVD by Leslie Sansone. Therefore, I was able to get my eating back on track for the day. I had a sensible lunch and have a very well planned out dinner so I will be able to even have 22 calories left over for the day. Normally, I would have just thrown in the towel for the entire day instead of realizing I could fix the mistake.

This shows I have made improvements and have learned things along the way. Even if you do mess up you can always fix it and if not for the day there is always tomorrow. It truly is a journey of one step back and two steps forward. We just need to remember that we can continue in that forward direction even when things get set back instead of going back to old habits and mindsets!!!

Replies

• Biggestloserfan
    Options
    I am actually proud of myself for overcoming what I did today. I sat down in front of the tv early this afternoon and had a box of wheat thins in front of me which I usually don't do because of mindless eating. Well I ended up eating six servings of the wheat thins before I realized what I was doing. I quickly put the box up and decided that I was going to work off those calories. I ended up going for a 4 mile walk and dd 15 minute miles and then did a 2 mile Walk and Kick DVD by Leslie Sansone. Therefore, I was able to get my eating back on track for the day. I had a sensible lunch and have a very well planned out dinner so I will be able to even have 22 calories left over for the day. Normally, I would have just thrown in the towel for the entire day instead of realizing I could fix the mistake.

This shows I have made improvements and have learned things along the way. Even if you do mess up you can always fix it and if not for the day there is always tomorrow. It truly is a journey of one step back and two steps forward. We just need to remember that we can continue in that forward direction even when things get set back instead of going back to old habits and mindsets!!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should be proud of yourself!

GO Green!
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Excellent recovery! :drinker:
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    Way to go!! :bigsmile:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Now I know what all a wheat thin over endulgence will get me in terms of exercise. :bigsmile: