Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin

melleyd
melleyd Posts: 432 Member
Is anyone else following his plan? It includes nutrition, exercise and even hygiene and aromatherapy. I did it for a little while a couple years back but I didn't stick to it for very long. I would like to make this a more permanent lifestyle change.

He doesn't keep kosher but he does follow the Levitical law (in Leviticus of the Old Testament in the Bible) as guidelines for the diet, which I already do. For instance, I do not eat pork or shellfish. He mainly does this for health reasons, not for religious reasons. He regards food that isn't "made by God" to not be food. For instance, artificial sweeteners, processed foods, etc. However, you do not need to be a Christian or even believe in God to follow the plan.

http://www.makers-diet.net/

I did find a support forum online but I would really like to find some people here. Please let me know if you would like to join me on my journey. I will be starting within the next week once I get everything together!

Replies

• gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Sounds neat, I'll check it out. I'm a vegetarian, but I'd make the leap with ya.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    I discovered Jordan Rubin through a friend who has gone head first into his prescribed lifestyle, including the beyond organic part, and her health has turned around as well as her family. As a pastor (hope I can say that this not get scrubbed!), having studied those dietary law guidelines, Rubin is right...eating according to those guidelines actually does work and promotes general health, as well as going more natural and organic.
    While we haven't embraced a lot of what I found in his books, we have slowly, but surely begun moving toward that lifestyle.
  • prizmaa
    prizmaa Posts: 62 Member
    Yes ma'am! I agree with Jordan Reubin's eating guidelines :) I followed his book 6 years ago when I was dealing with infertility and I believe following it played a huge part in my finally being able to conceive then. I am basically eating this way again now as much as I can. :)
  • melleyd
    i have just discovered his new Beyond Organic launching in November! My husband tried to tell me about it a week or so ago when he saw something about it on TBN, but I didn't realize it was Jordan Rubin. He was talking about beyond organic and green fed (not just grass fed) beef. I am very excited about it!! Private message me if you want more details.
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    I have the book and agree with a lot of his findings, too. Following it is another matter. Slowly I am changing our family's eating but may not be able to go to the full extent.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Read the title, thought it was a diet centered around Maker's Mark.

I am disappoint.
  • melleyd
    Read the title, thought it was a diet centered around Maker's Mark.

I am disappoint.

LOL
  • I know this is an older post, but I plan on doing the 40 day eating plan again soon. I did it last year for forty days and felt better than I have in years. I did not follow everything perfectly---I did not eat all organic or do some of the extras.