100+ to lose and new here

Options
Hi all. Today is my first day here. I'm looking for some friends, support and others who are in my same boat. I am 5'5" and weigh about 290. I'm borderline depressed because of my weight and am trying to take the bull by the horns and do something about it before I wind up witht he shades drawn and in the bedroom not wanting to come out. I took pictures and measured myself. I make myself look at the pictures in the morning, they make me cry but it's the best motivator I guess.

Anyone care to say hi or link up for support and friendship?

Casta
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Today is my first day here. I'm looking for some friends, support and others who are in my same boat. I am 5'5" and weigh about 290. I'm borderline depressed because of my weight and am trying to take the bull by the horns and do something about it before I wind up witht he shades drawn and in the bedroom not wanting to come out. I took pictures and measured myself. I make myself look at the pictures in the morning, they make me cry but it's the best motivator I guess.

Anyone care to say hi or link up for support and friendship?

Casta
    :flowerforyou:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    hello and good luck to you! I would like to lose about 75lbs, so I'm right there with you!
  • maryschmidt
    Options
    You can do it, just put one foot in front of the other. It will happen for you!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You can do this. I began at 280 and am now at 245.
    I went through a period of time I was literally afraid to leave the house or even to answer the door if someone came to the house. You can pull yourself up but it takes determination and support.

Find a goal and go for it. This is just a start. Try something every week. Even if it is a recipe or walk in a new place or whatever you want for yourself. For me at the time I chose to go back to school.

You are not alone and you can do this. We are very glad to have you.
  • my3kids
    my3kids Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Casta,
    I am here with you every step of the way. I j ust had my third child in september of 2007 and that was my breaking point i was bigger then ever it seemed like. I have a great husband who is my biggest supporter. But then I found this site and man these people are great. The encouragement couldnt be better. When your down you can always look here for support. I Have lost 74 pounds since sept 4 when i started and if i can do so can you!!!!!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Casta,
    I am here with you every step of the way. I j ust had my third child in september of 2007 and that was my breaking point i was bigger then ever it seemed like. I have a great husband who is my biggest supporter. But then I found this site and man these people are great. The encouragement couldnt be better. When your down you can always look here for support. I Have lost 74 pounds since sept 4 when i started and if i can do so can you!!!!!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

that is great! I wish I had started back in Sept, and I would almost be at my goal weight. Are you counting calories and working out? (or doing something else?):flowerforyou: :happy:
  • amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    :smooched: I have been there too, 360lbs to be exact, ( the lowest I got was 200 lbs) but then I became a smart *kitten* and started my old ways again only to find myself 50 lbs heavier! I have found no matter what, we cannot eat like we want ALL THE TIME just some of the time...lol! GOOD LUCK! I am so glad you are here! I find this site addictive, it really makes me think about the food I put in my mouth when I have to log on several times a day to log on my food and excercise for the day. Plus I really like all the support and best of all its free!:bigsmile:
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    WELCOME!! We are all here to get healthier and improve our lives, whether we want to maintain our current weight, lose a little, or lose a lot. The more, the merrier! :drinker:
  • karilynn
    Options
    Hi Casta, welcome! I also have alot to lose (85lbs), and i'm only 5foot nothing! I joined 2 weeks ago, and I lost 6lbs in my first 10 days! I really know how you feel, I'm in the same boat. I hate to exercise, and food is my best friend (or was!). I find this website really helps learn what i should eat, and more importantly, how much of it. I started exercising a bit, and every day I add at least 5 extra minutes. I'm slowly starting to enjoy the exercising! Everyone has great advice on here, and you learn alot from all the different topics that are discussed, it's very helpful! I purchased some hand held weights, a step aerobic, and an exercise ball, which makes for a nice home workout which you can do at your pace. there is a website www.freetrainers.com that good info on different exercises, and will set up a plan for you if you like. soup cans work if you don't have the weights! cheers to you, you've made the first step! day by day, one pound at a time..we can do it!!

kari
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Casta and Welcome!!:flowerforyou: I'm looking to lose 36lbs.I only started last week myself and I'm here for you!
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi Casta!
    You can do it! We all can. I need to lose nearly 100. Seems like a long haul, but it will be worth it. One day at a time. I have really enjoyed using the diary. It is a great tool to keep track of your daily intake. Was a big wake up call for me!! HANG TOUGH. It will be worth the wait.
    Kell
  • seamsso1
    Options
    Hi Casta!
    Move over girl. you're not alone- I'm your blonde twin- word for word. I found this site a few days ago and it really is helping. I know we can do this. Stay positive and don't beat yourself up when the numbers aren't exactly where you think they should be. Each day is a chance to get it better.

Robin
  • praire
    praire Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi Casta I am there for you, this site is great and you will love it. It is great motivation. Good Luck and I m here for you when ever you need me
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I am in for 75+++. I love this site. It is a real eyeopener.
  • pokerstar
    Options
    Same boat...so much weight to lose, it feels daunting.
    I've yo-yoed a bunch the past few years, and I'm depressed and beating myself up that I've gained it all back--again. I am HATING how I feel both physically and emotionally.
    I started again today, but there are difficult situations ALL the time. Tomorrow's my partner's birthday, and we're going out to eat. Thursday night is a dinner out with family, etc.... We never go more than a few days without a social event involving food being involved. I'm doing Medifast and am allowed 1 "lean and green" meal a day, so I SHOULD be able to go out and just have my lean and green.

I lost 50 lbs 2 years ago with Medifast and then went to Europe for 2 weeks' vacation. I came back and had gained 12 lbs, I think. Given what I ate and drank, it really wasn't bad, and had I gone back to the diet and *stuck* to it, I would have had it off in 2 -3 weeks and been on my merry way. Instead, I partied all summer long with lots of food and lots of alcohol, and the scale has been going up non-stop since then.

I'm here because I need companionship, support, and help--an anonymity. This looks like the place.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Aww you will be able to do it. I am not even 5'0 (more like 4'11) and I weight 172 and if I let it go any further who knows. Technically I should be losing around 70lbs but that is unrealistic for my age and life style anyways.

YOU CAN DO IT ; )
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    I started at 274.5 and I need to lose 100+ too! I was reluctant to start another weight loss plan because i've failed at so many in the past. I was beggining to get depressed and starting to really just give up. then one day I typed in calorie counting on my web browser and this site came up. I started this journey that very day and now I'm never going back to the way I was before! Everyone here is so encouraging and all the tools are easy to use and sooooo helpful. It is important to remember where you were at your lowest point and tell yourself that you're making a change and you're never going back to that place!!! if you stick with this you will start seeing results and that will be the biggest motivator to keep going! some days I start to get discouraged again when I think of how far away my ultimate goal is, but then I start setting smaller goals and reaching those goals....

Just remember that it takes a little time to get used to new habits so don't give up!!

><>Pam<><
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    Options
    :smile: Welcome and positive thoughts to you. I started in December at 340lbs and so far I have lost 14 lbs. (lost another lb today :happy: ) I'm here if you need to talk or just cry. I know how hard it can be but I have taken on a new attituide and I give myself positive thoughts all the time. Please don't look at your pictures and say you hate yourself. It's ok to feel sad about your weight but keep reminding yourself that you are now on the right road and the weight is comming off. Always give yourself positive messages and really believe in them. With positive thoughts and a happy outlook, each day can become a wonderful exsperiance. Each morning I wake up and say "I am slender. I am totally healthy. I am filled with love and affection. I am joyous and happy and free. I love and approve of myself. All is right in my world." Good luck. Hugs from kckat96
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow, I"m shocked at you all and your kindness and support. Thank you so much! It's funny how many of you offer to let me cry on your shoulder. Isn't it funny how we understand the pain of this journey. Tears are streaming right now but only because I'm just so glad to have found a place where there are other people that feel like I do and understand. Sometimes it's so easy to feel like the only fat person in the whole world and like we are so alone. I've done this so many times but it was always for someone else. This time it's for me and I don't ever want to go back. I know that when I lose weight I cannot immediately start eating bad again. I know this. Thank you everyone for the friend requests and I SO look forward to getting to know everyone and doing this together! :heart:
  • mildrede40
    Options
    On the site we doing it together.....We are there for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: