what should i do??

Options
Right, im 20 years old about 8n half stone. weightloss doesnt really bother me if im honest i just wont to tone if anything.
I used to go zumba mondays gym tuesdays and fridays and areobic's on wednesday but this started becoming too dear for me, Well i can join the gym i go to for £14.95 a month which is pretty awsome as i used to pay £28.50 amonth

I love working out for general and health reasons but this is the problem my partner keeps saying i dont need to workout or diet as a look good the way i am, and before i signed up to MFP i literally could eat anythink i wanted and not gain weight, but i signed up as i dont want to keep filling my body with rubbish i want to become healthy and im scared it'll catch up with me in my later life :huh:

Yes i can see where he's coming from as im not big

what would people suggest if you was in my sitution?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    weightloss doesnt really bother me if im honest i just wont to tone if anything.

Based on the above I would recommend that you eat at or very near maintenance calories.

Consume macronutrients as follows:
    1g/lb lean mass in PRO
    minimum .35g FAT per lb bodyweight
    remainder in carbs

Lift heavy 3-4/week.

^ That will greatly assist you in getting "tone".
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    weightloss doesnt really bother me if im honest i just wont to tone if anything.

Based on the above I would recommend that you eat at or very near maintenance calories.

Consume macronutrients as follows:
    1g/lb lean mass in PRO
    minimum .35g FAT per lb bodyweight
    remainder in carbs

Lift heavy 3-4/week.

^ That will greatly assist you in getting "tone".

^^ What he said
  • jesshall281
    Options
    do what YOU want to do....my husband says i look great, but i feel like i need to tone up and continue eating ealthy, so i will.

The options for you are:
    Eat healthily, exercise, be happy (as this is what you want to do)
    OR
    eat junk food, get lazy and be miserable (yes it will catch up to you)

And besides, you are eating healthy and exercising to keep those internal organs in tip top shape, which will benefit you later in life.

I think the answer is pretty clear really
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    Well Jade your only 20 yrs old, the weight will start sticking to you in a few yrs, so i would keep working out ,the reason why u r looking good to ur partner is because u r working out! just tell ur partner THANK YOU, but NO THANK YOU, u r ur own person! do what feels good to you not anyone else! just saying! :ohwell:
  • CarlyC08
    Options
    People have always told me I don't need to exercise or "diet." I don't do it for other people, I do it for myself. And as soon as I stop, then I WILL need to exercise and diet! It's much easier to keep a nice figure than to have to work to get one back. If you're at a healthy weight than by all means, keep eating! And eat as much healthy food as you want to! But definitely don't stop being healthy because somebody thinks you look fine the way you are.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    People have always told me I don't need to exercise or "diet." I don't do it for other people, I do it for myself. And as soon as I stop, then I WILL need to exercise and diet! It's much easier to keep a nice figure than to have to work to get one back. If you're at a healthy weight than by all means, keep eating! And eat as much healthy food as you want to! But definitely don't stop being healthy because somebody thinks you look fine the way you are.

Exactly. My husband is the same way, thinks I look great the way I am. Which I love... but I think how long I look this way is limited if I don't start some good habits. ;)