Where to start???

Options
ok....i am a self-confessed couch potato.... :(
in my spare time i can think of a million other things to do than run on a treadmill.
and i dont mean i dislike the gym, any form of exercise i find pretty boring.
any tips for a complete beginner and lazy moo on where to start???
should i start little and often with excercise dvd's or just go for it, get my trainers on and go for a run??

thanks!!
xx

Replies

• Michiebabes
    Options
    ok....i am a self-confessed couch potato.... :(
    in my spare time i can think of a million other things to do than run on a treadmill.
    and i dont mean i dislike the gym, any form of exercise i find pretty boring.
    any tips for a complete beginner and lazy moo on where to start???
    should i start little and often with excercise dvd's or just go for it, get my trainers on and go for a run??

thanks!!
    xx
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit you can do the step program or jogging program while u watch tv. I love it.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Then dont do a treadmill program odds are you will get bored and stop! I personally Love Team BeachBody programs I do not get bored with those.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    If you think you want to run try the couch to 5k. It's a good program for beginners. I did it last summer.
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I started with Leslie Sansone's walking dvd's. They're pretty much just low impact aerobics. She and her 30 minute videos helped me lose my first 20. My treadmill and this site (mixed with the dvd's for days when I need a change) have helped me lose the next 40. I throw in a weekly walk with a friend downtown mixed with a yummy dinner to keep my social life going, too. Try grabbing a tennis racket and call your best friend for a match, even if it's just half heartedly played. I've become addicted to my treadmill but I have it set up so that it faces my tv. I DVR my favorite shows at night then watch them when I get up in the morning while I'm working out. It's a perfect set up for me.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    for boredom I would say a buddy- or take classes a few nights a week. to get out of the house and change the senery instead of your living room