Mild sickness + exercising = ?

Options
I've been a little bit head-achy the last couple of days and my throat glands are a bit swollen and tender. I feel quite bad at night but during the day I feel a better enough and am keen to head to the gym..... I don't get sick often and when I do it's usually only a little and it passes quite quickly. Do I need to take a few days off or should I just keep at it? Suggestions? I really WANT to push through but I know I should be looking at what's best for me.....??

Replies

• Lazlocats
    Lazlocats Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you are sick why would you want to pass it on to the gym. Stay home and do lite workouts and keep your gym mates healthy.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I keep at it unless I get congested and my asthma kicks in.
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't if I were you. Working out, especially cardio does beat you up a bit and if you are sick when you work out, you'll feel worse afterwards. Give it a day or two and then jump back in the routine.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go to the gym and spread my germs, but if you're feeling well enough and it's not settling into your lungs, it's ok to work out. Maybe do some cardio and bodyweight training at home.
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    I would give it a day or to and work out at home, keeping it light. also - the people at the gym don't want whatever you are sharing
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    If you are sick why would you want to pass it on to the gym. Stay home and do lite workouts and keep your gym mates healthy.

Unless they shared my water bottle, I don't think this is an issue. But thank you....... I really should invest in some dvds for home and just do some lite stuff...... it's hard to kick that gym addiction though
  • Spearo
    Spearo Posts: 47
    Options
    An athlete knows that there is time to heal; meaning having the mental strength and discipline to back off sometimes and give your body a break. Muscles don't grow under stress, they grow during rest. And obviously your immune system is working on something. Give it a break and let it do its job. Fitness is about being healthy.
    Cheers,
    Erik
  • Lazlocats
    Options

Unless they shared my water bottle, I don't think this is an issue. But thank you....... I really should invest in some dvds for home and just do some lite stuff...... it's hard to kick that gym addiction though
  • Lazlocats
    Options

If you breath you are passing on what you have ....sneeze one time on a machine cough one time. sweat on it ....touch it after you blow your nose...you have passed it on ...