Do you have a status stalker?

Options
rharris86dc
rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
I think most people have at least one: that person that stalks your status and likes and/or comments on every single thing you post. I've got a couple. One is my aunt, lol, she "likes" everything I post on Facebook. I've got another friend that does it, too.

Who is yours? And what do you do about them?

Replies

• glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I used to, but they got dropped like a bad habit.
  • Jean410
    Jean410 Posts: 104
    Options
    Maybe I need to get one. I think I'm my own status stalker at this point! LOL
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Oh I bet I'm quite a fews "status stalker" as I only have 60 friends and try to comment on all their posts... "Encouragement, can't come to often" ...
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    I used to, but they got dropped like a bad habit.

yes yes, mine too. freekin get a life!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    my mom. if i post one something she always comments. Its a game to me now. i post stuff just to be posting to see what she says.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    lol maybe
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I am guilty... but I try to keep my friends list low so I can encourage them all. If they don't like my constant comments they can unfriend me.. I've lost one because of it I think.. lol

edit: I guess I should say this applies to MFP only... on FB I am the opposite, I rarely comment on anyone's post.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    No. No one likes me.
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm a status stalker and damn proud of it!
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I blocked my status updates from them. I only have 82 friends because I only add people I know well, but it's amazing to me how someone who seems completely normal in real life can be so annoying on Facebook.

I just want to elaborate on my "stalker." She doesn't just "like" my posts, she comments on them. Usually saying something awkward or ignorant. Like when I was trying to find out who was repeatedly running over my mailbox, and she suggested I get a rifle and sit outside and shoot them when they come back. In ALL CAPS. And she was serious. Her boyfriend works for my husband or I would have deleted her. But that would cause more drama. Facebook is the devil!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I'm a total status stalker between the hours of 8-5 Monday through Friday.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Never thought about it before but I do have one Facebook friend that always seems to "like" my statuses. Doesn't bother me personally. I think it's nice that someone is interested in what I have to say!! On MFP it's a bit different - those people who always comment on my posts tend to be the ones I am equally motivational towards so super support = super support !!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    To the people who drop friends because they "like" things or comment...why post a status if you don't want people doing this? That doesn't make much sense to me...

On here, I try to give as many people as I can encouragement with comments but I personally don't like it when people comment like, "WTG" or "nice job" when they clearly didn't even read what you wrote.
  • rharris86dc
    Options
    LOL at the "Mom" game! That's hysterical!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I have an official title - Stalker2. Mmhm. That's right.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Oh I bet I'm quite a fews "status stalker" as I only have 60 friends and try to comment on all their posts... "Encouragement, can't come to often" ...

Agreed! I can only hope that people 'stalk' my status and offer me some encouragement.
  • rharris86dc
    Options
    I blocked my status updates from them. I only have 82 friends because I only add people I know well, but it's amazing to me how someone who seems completely normal in real life can be so annoying on Facebook.

THIS!!!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I used to... but I deleted and him so he can't and my profile settings are set so you have to be my friend to see them.
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    im "liking" you post lol
    btw- im being genuine not sarcastic
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I have one. Here.

She'll be posting here now that I have. Sigh.