11 hours/6,000 calories burned per week exercise challenge i

Options
Good morning!

I've set a goal for November to work out 11 hours per week and to burn at least 6,000 calories a week. I chose these numbers based on my averages (using a HRM ) for the last 3 months. Is anyone else interested in doing it with me? I'm hoping this will help us stay on track with the holidays fast approaching!

I do a variety of workouts - swimming, kickboxing, elliptical, bodyweight circuits, core training, zumba, taebo, walking hills with my german shepherd, and yoga. I'm starting to incorporate more weightlifting, but haven't got a solid plan yet there.

If you're interested, please reply with your goals :)

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    6k cals a week is AWESOME!!!

Currently my goal is 1600/week but after this weeks work ours I will be over 3k. I think I need to step it up - ALOT! thanks for the continuing motivation :happy:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    wow!

my challenge was 6000 for the month....!!!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do the same goals as me!!! You can post what your goal is for November...the idea is to support others who have exercise goals because knowing you'll post here if you made it or not might make you get your butt off the couch :) I know it helps me!!!
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm interested! With my foot injury my workouts have really slowed down and I could really use the extra motivation to help get through November! The physical therapists say I'm to the point where I can start running again so a good challenge would be perfect!

I swim, run, walk, hike, do zumba and turbo kick (but I'd love to get involved in more things as well!)

I want to loose a significant amount of weight before my birthday on December 21st (and of course, the holidays). I'd love to wow everyone at home with how great I look when I go home for Thanksgiving and Christmas :)
  • unluckyIrish
    Options
    I think I'm going to strive for 8 hours a week work outs, and at least 3000 calories burned. I think that is manageable with my foot. I may step it up as the month progresses :)
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You are such a rockstar, Emily!!!

6,000 calories a week!!!!!!!! That's amazing!

I want to join. However, I don't think I will get that many per week. I think what I will do is track my total for next week and then pick a number from there -- I am hopefully getting over a cold and then can kick it into high gear next week.

I love support! I love MFP! LOL
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    No, Natalie - YOU are a rockstar!! Hope you're feeling a bit better :) But that's a good plan to set your goal once you know what is reasonable. Glad to have you aboard :)

Karen - 8 hours/3,000 cals is an awesome goal - hopefully your foot continues to heal and doesn't give you any trouble.

Jenna - 1,600 is more than you were doing before, and now you're a workout-aholic, so I can't wait to see what you can do in November!

Glad to have you ladies with me! Anyone else?
  • hjames0486
    Options
    This is a great challenge.

My goal for the November is to work out 10 hours a week and burn at least 5,000 calories a week.
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    woohooo we're up to 4 now! anyone else? :)
  • hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm already at 4300/ week so I'll try and bump it up to 6000 for November. If my body seems not to be able to handle it then I'll back down to 5300 etc.

I'm trying to tone up and lose weight for a cruise in November and to be in shape before I get pregnant. :)

I like doing all sorts of workouts, from the range of Beachbody workouts and then things on Exercise TV. I really need to incorporate more strength training though, so maybe a goal would be to go to the community gym and do strength training. (Anyone know where a good basic strength training workout can be found?)

Whew, I'm doing all sorts of challenges this coming month. It keeps me motivated. :happy:
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    welcome hypergrl!! glad to have you with us - looks like you and I have a similar goal of getting into shape before we try to have kids :)
  • hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    EMSWANSON - Thank you for the warm welcom! Yes it's really important to me to try and get in the best shape possible before I get pregnant I want to have a quick delivery and not gain a lot of weight, cuz I know we won't be able to workout the same way once we are pregnant.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. We lost internet here and didn't get it back until yesterday. Please anyone who would like to add me as a friend. I'm off to start knocking out those 6000 calories for the week. I'm already a bit behind cuz I was sort of out of it yesteday and could only get in my 30DS.
  • unluckyIrish
    Options
    This week has not gotten off to a great start. I've been walking everywhere b/c I was in DC sightseeing, so I've been in CONSTANT movement, but I haven't had any high intensity workouts. After my test tomorrow hopefully I can get a good hour long high intensity workout in to up my calorie burn!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This week I burned about 2,000 calories. I think that is a good goal for November. As the month progresses I think it will be closer to 3,000 -- but 2,000 will be the goal :) My official half marathon training schedule begins November 21!!!

Hope we've all had a great start to the month!
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    Hey girls!! I didn't realize there is already a similar group posted here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/381119-burn-5-000-calories-wk-in-november-o

So, I joined that group and hope y'all will join with me!!! Great job Natalie and good luck with your half marathon training soon!! And Karen - no worries, we're glad you're back!