Hi from Ohio

Hi :smile:

My name is Terrie, I am 40 years old. I have battled with my weight my entire life. It seems to be getting more and more difficult to feel good about myself. I am single right now. I am widowed. I lost my husband to Cancer in March of 2005. He never cared if I was a little heavy he loved me no matter what. Now that I have decided to try to start dating again I am finding more and more that it's that physical attraction that is the start of anything. I don't feel confident, I don't feel pretty and I am very uncomfortable in just about anything I wear.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

Love
Terrie

Replies

• Hi :smile:

My name is Terrie, I am 40 years old. I have battled with my weight my entire life. It seems to be getting more and more difficult to feel good about myself. I am single right now. I am widowed. I lost my husband to Cancer in March of 2005. He never cared if I was a little heavy he loved me no matter what. Now that I have decided to try to start dating again I am finding more and more that it's that physical attraction that is the start of anything. I don't feel confident, I don't feel pretty and I am very uncomfortable in just about anything I wear.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

Love
    Terrie
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Welcome aboard and good luck:flowerforyou: We're here for you
  • Where in Ohio are you from?
  • PattyH
    PattyH Posts: 34
    Hi Terrie

Welcome & Good Luck :flowerforyou:

I too have battled with weight my entire life. I've yo-yo dieted most of my adult life, but this time is going to be a lifestyle change instead of a diet! I'm going to eat healthy so that I can be healthy! :happy:

Sorry to hear about your loss! :cry: Getting back into dating is difficult, cause there is always that physical attraction that draws people together, but looking at your picture I'd say you are very pretty! I know that we sometimes have a hard time seeing ourselves past the weight. True beauty is on the inside. My husband & I met on the internet, so he got to know my inner beauty before he saw the outer shell! :wink:

This site is great. Helps you keep track of your food/calories/exercise and the people are encouraging and supportive!

You can do it! :smile: :flowerforyou:
    Patty
  • Terrie,
    I just wanted to tell you I think you are beautiful and courageous! Yes, there are lots of people out there who only look on exteriors, but not everyone does. Be true to yourself, pursue what you are passionate about, make these changes for you and not for anyone else. That will make you a truly attractive person. Best of luck! :smile:
    P.S. I'm from ohio, too.