Yo Yo Dieting

Options
I'm 65, and I'm on a quest to return to the weight I was at the age of 21. If I succeed this will be the third time I've done this. I'm one of those people who can lose the weight, but then it starts creeping back up, a pound or so a month, ten or twelve pounds a year. This time, I let it go on longer than before, and at my highest point, I was 55 pounds overweight. I joined Weight Watchers twice, got down to my goal, stuck it out through the maintenance period, and then started gaining again once I stopped going to meetings. This time, I'm using MFP, not meetings to get he support and encouragement I need, and I plan to stay active here indefinitely. But so far, all of the posts I see are from people who appear to be trying to lose weight still. Could MFOP add a discussion group for people who have met their goals and just want to stay fit? This occurred to me today after I read this article about why people regain lost weight. Your hormones make you do it for at least one year! http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/10/27/bloomberg_articlesLTPBEK6S972C.DTL.

Replies

• JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry for typos. I'm not good at proofreading, and I'm not real good yet with this tablet touch screen.