Winter soup ideas?

Options
Fernella13
Fernella13 Posts: 68 Member
Okay, it's starting to get cold here in Canada. Any ideas for creamy, low fat soups? I will eat most veggies, except okra and squash. Seriously, I hate squash!!! Thanks so much

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    There was a thread a couple of weeks ago for cheddar brocolli soup that was sooo yummy. Try the 'search' feature on the boards. I bet you will come up with some good recipes.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I love rachael Ray's soups. Our family's favorite is the ginger chicken noodle bowl and teh chicken satay soup. They are not really creamy but so good.

we also eat a lot of celery root soup, shredded celery root and onions sauted in a littel oil, add chicken or vegetable stock toe h pot bring to a boil and season. You can use your favorite mrs. dash or justrt salt and pepper. Again not trreally creamy but it's only about 60 cals a bowl. I do this same soup with whatever veggies I like. Spenach is really god too.

Good Luck!
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Turkey Chilli is always a great decision!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    This site has a ton of soup (and everything else) recipes. The only downside is that it doesn't list nutritional info.

http://www.justsouprecipes.com/index.html

I make a large batch of soup every weekend during the winter too. :smile:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I made some carrot and yam soup very good, cabbage soup, split pea soup, did make squash, now i have zucchini to make some soup and broccoli, potato, and navy bean also stews and chili. I have been in a soup makin mood and sooo good for you. I make big batches then portion them out and freeze them it makes for a quick lunch or dinner,
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has many creamy soups in stock. And many grocery stores carry Pacific Organics soups. Not homemade, but quick and I like too add whatever leftover veggies I have on hand.
  • pisbell281
    Options
    Go to google and type "hungry girl Whole Enchilada Soup. It is good. Also go to hungry girl.com and click until you can get to a recipe search. Type in "soup". Her "Hungry Chick Chunky Soup is good. You can also get to it through her "Fill 'er Up" TV show category. Hope you like them.