Need a simple, delicious recipe for chicken breasts

Options
I haven't had much experience cooking chicken. I mostly cook with ground beef or ground turkey. Since I'm trying to learn how to cook healthier and stop using Hamburger Helper and other box stuff, I really could use some ideas on what to do with these boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I have taken out for tonight.

Replies

• ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I like to take a little italian dressing and some parmesean cheese add it to a bag with the chicken and let it sit.
    Bake in the oven til done. Yummy!
  • jasharp021
    jasharp021 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Check out www.allrecipes.com.
  • ShmiSkywalker
    ShmiSkywalker Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I coat it in taco seasoning, top with salsa, bake 25 minutes at 350, take out and top with 2% cheese, bake 5 more minutes. Super easy and delicious.
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    Bake chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper. When done, top with marinara (or tomato slices) and part skim mozzerella or provolone cheese and heat til cheese melts in the oven. Side of spaghetti (mix of regular pasta and wheat) and a salad.
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Put the chicken breasts in a glass baking dish. Put a 'tab' (about 1 tbsp) of butter on to each chicken breast. Sprinkle about 1 tsp each of dried basil and garlic salt on them. Bake for 1 hour. Amazing, simple, and delicious!!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If you have a crock pot, a packet of taco seasoning and half a cup of water of it on low for 8 hours is nice.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I make my hubs grill it. MMmmm... When he can't, I bake it in the oven. I do it at 350 for 30 mins. ish - depending on how big the boobs are. I cook it just enough so the pink is all gone, but not so much that is comes out a dried piece of jerky. I like to put spices on them - just sprinkle on top. Tastefull Simple has great combonations of spices. You can dump a can of tomatoes or salsa on the chicken.
  • mugofire
    mugofire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    what you need is a casserole dish lined with tin foil, four chicken breasts and a bottle of salsa...put that in the oven for 35 mins at 350... and the chicken is still tender. mmmmm :)
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Place chicken breasts in single layer in baking pan.
    Sprinkle them with your favorite spices (I love Mrs. Dash on chicken).
    Bake at 350˚ for 20 minutes
    Put 2 tablespoons of salsa (or spaghetti/pizza sauce) on each piece.
    Sprinkle with cheese.
    Return to oven until cheese melts.
    Remove from oven and let "rest" for 5 minutes.
    :flowerforyou:
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Chicken has ENDLESS possiblities! :)

It can be boiled and shredded for casseroles, tacos, enchiladas, and rice dishes.
    I love grilling chicken breasts on my counter grill!
    It can be baked either with bread crumbs or without

I've been posting low cal chicken recipes on my blog.... feel free to look at them:)
    I have a chicken and spiced apples, low cal chicken cordon bleu, and chicken pot pie :)
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sraver2003 mentions tomatoes or salsa--you can do chicken breasts in the crockpot with a jar of salsa and it comes out as tender as can be and tasty, too!

I like to make a quick Chicken Parmesan--I dump a healthy spaghetti sauce on top of the chicken, sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan (which is so much better than the stuff in a can) and bake it for about 1/2 hour. Yummo!
  • sw0301
    sw0301 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/07/oven-fried-chicken.html

Except I use chicken breasts, cut into strips. Any type of flake cereal will work, and I used less mayo. My calories came out to approx 130 per serving vs. 170. :)
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Chicken
    Bbq
    Done!

Chicken diced up in wraps are good. Some veggies, salsa etc. Yum!
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    There is another thread on this, lemme see if I can find the link...
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Honey Mustard Chicken

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1/4 c honey
    2 T butter
    2 T dijon mustard (I like to use the grainy dijon)
    2 tsp curry powder
    pinch cayenne pepper

Cut chicken breasts in half or in bite size pieces - whatever you prefer. Mix remaing ingredients and heat in microwave to melt butter. Pour over chicken and bake 30 ish minutes at 350F. Stir occasionally. Great with rice and a salad.
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh my god all i do is eat chicken

1. cut it up put it on a salad( any kind of salad, including ones without lettuce)
    2. make a wrap like MCD only healthy
    3. Bake ( lemon pepper, garlic onion, tomato basil, regular( a little salt and meat seasoning, etc )
    4. Put it in pasta
    5. Make vegatable soup
    6. Teryoki
    7. Cut up for kabobs
    8. Puit it in or bside rice any flavor
    9. Anything you do with beef
    10. In other words whatever you want, expieriment and I guarantee it will turn out all right.
    :wink:
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I buy fajita seasoned chicken breasts at HEB, broil them and use them in salads or with vegetables. I cook them on the weekend, have 2 jobs so not a lot of time during the week for cooking.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crock pot???? SKINNYTASTE.COM
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/6129/chicken+mango+salad

mango/cucumber/chicken salad takes very little time, tastes absolutely great, and it's super healthy!
    In this version of the recipe they steam the chicken which is fine if you really want to cook superhealthy, but slowly baked in a little olive oil it's better ofc.