New and looking for support and encouragement

Options
Hi all! I'm Jessi and joined MFP last week after speaking with a friend who encouraged me to join. My goal is to lose 75+ pounds and get healthy. Any support and encouragement would be greatly appreciated and reciprocated! Thanks :o)

Replies

• DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    This site is great, gives you a whole sloo of people to help ya out. Glad you joined!
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is an excellent app/site/community for helping you achieve your goals. Just remember to be honest when tracking food and exercise. And keep moving! Get active and stay active.

I'd also suggest having smaller goals along the way to keep you motivated. 75 can be a big number to think about but 5 pounds in 5 weeks seems like a breeze.

Good luck!:smile:
  • CCLadyBug
    Options
    Hey, Jessi! Feel free to add me as a friend, if you don't mind a mom/grandma type. :smile: I love this site. It's helped me tremendously, mostly because I found friends who help me to be accountable, and they're sweet enough to cheer me on when I do well. Best wishes for you!
  • Katrina3933
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to MFP, too! My goals are to be fit by the time I reach 50. For me, that means loosing about 30lbs. in about 4 years. Since that is a big stretch of time, I'm hoping to attain that in a healthy way. No crazy "just eat grapefruit all day" diets or meal plans. I need to get my butt off the couch, watch what I eat, and put myself first (not shopping, laundry or making the beds!)

I wish you luck, all you newbies! Keep up the good work! You are worth it!
  • hheuoh
    hheuoh Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm pretty new also but just love the site and how it helps me. Welcome hope it helps you too
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you came to the right place. Its easy and exciting and much support. I say easy cause I can work out to get more calories and eat more so I'm never hungry....
  • DKWaggoner
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the most awesome place for support and encouragement! I have the same goal as you. Met over half pretty quick, then got knocked up ;). So my diet is in a holding pattern until this baby gets here next summer...
  • zagecko
    Options
    Hi - My name is Brian. I know that it can seem daunting - but set small goals and celebrate achieving them. Be proud of yourself for taking this step and Good Luck - You can DO IT!!!! Remember that the weight gain did not happen overnight and neither will the weight loss - but stick to it and you can achieve your goals...and always feel free to reach out and ask for help!

Brian
  • lostntranslation
    Options
    Thank you! I don't have a certain time in mind for losing the weight, so if it's 5 lbs in 5 weeks I'm ok with that. I figured a lb or 2 a week is the avarage so it's going to take a while. But I'm in this for long run, as long as it takes :o)