5'4" medium frame 30s (age) goal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    ok i will give that a shot. do you know how i could determine what weight to aim for once i figure out body fat percentage? do you know of a good accurate body fat measuring calculator online? when i search there are tons for them but i have no idea if they are accurate or not.

None of them would be accurate. The best way to get this done is in a Bodpod or hydrostatic weighing, if those options are not available have a trained professional take your measurements with a pair of calipers (the more body parts checked the more accurate the overall reading)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    One guy here went to a class and did his bodyfat on most of the various methods including the bodpod. Then went online and tried some measurement type methods. He found that the measurement types mirrored the bodpod results pretty close.

I was some navy measurement method or something.
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" 30yo and my goal weight is between 125-135. I'm still trying to figure out what will look best on my medium/athletic frame. I got down to a low of 133 about a month ago & thought I looked too thin/lost too many curves. I am currently about 138, and I feel very comfortable with my size (size 2 in most brands, size4 others). People always guess that my weight is about 10-15lbs less too, so I guess I carry my weight well? :ohwell: I just want to tone my belly region now & lose body fat. I use one of the Weight Watchers scales (sold in Walmart $30) that calculate BF%. I think that a good goal is to focus on BF% or waist size when you get close to your "goal weight." That's what I've been doing, and I think it's working well so far. The scale may not be exactly accurate, but it matches up perfectly with the Navy measurements for body fat. You can google the Navy calculator to use your measurements to calculate BF%. All you need is neck, waist(smallest part), hips(widest part). Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    ok so body fat is 27% which is a little bit higher than i want it to be. used the navy calculator online.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, and I am currently 128; goal weight is 127. I have been 127 for most of my adult life with the exception of pregnancies and a one-year period of time (last year) when i zoomed up to 142. (glad to be back)!

I am, however, in my 40s and would like to lose about 10 years.