Spinach Turkey Meatballs

Options
tammietifanie
tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
Just made these and had to share!!!! So yummy!!! I used oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs and came out perfect!!!!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Spinach-Turkey-Meatballs

4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.

1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 egg, beaten
1 cup soft bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated onion
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 pound ground turkey
Tomato wedges, optional
Directions
In a bowl, combine spinach, egg, bread crumbs, onion and seasoned salt. Add turkey and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Garnish with tomato wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 295 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.

Replies

• lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    bump..lyummy!
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks for the recipe, I'm always looking for new ways to make Turkey in to something tasty & quick to heat up. These sound like just the trick!
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Im trying this tonight!
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    oh wow...that sounds sooo delish! i have to try it. thanks for sharing!
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    These sound yummy!! Thanks!
  • Tsdennis
    Tsdennis Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • snoopage
    snoopage Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    These Do sound yummo! Thanks!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    You can also make a whole bunch at once and then freeze them that way you have them on hand to make with Pasta, Veggies and a quick dinner !!!!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    how many meatballs does one lb make? i have big family and want to make sure i make enough
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    I can't wait to try these! Thanks!
  • jljune
    jljune Posts: 59
    Options
    Sounds Great! I will definitely try these.:flowerforyou:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    how many meatballs does one lb make? i have big family and want to make sure i make enough

I used about 13oz so not a full pound and i got 12 meat balls out of it and some where bigger then others so it really depends on if you make the meatballs small or big!
  • longoverdue
    longoverdue Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blueaggy
    blueaggy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What type if breadcrumbs do you use?
  • Joannguido
    Options
    so you're recipe sounded so good I decided to make it. HOWEVER, I decided to turn it into a meatloaf,sauteed the fresh spinach in garlic,and then added some feta cheese and portabella mushrooms. omiited the bread crumbs. The family really enjoyed it. Thanks. I know I stryed from the recipe, but I'm italian and thats what we do!!!! LOL. Thanks again
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    so you're recipe sounded so good I decided to make it. HOWEVER, I decided to turn it into a meatloaf,sauteed the fresh spinach in garlic,and then added some feta cheese and portabella mushrooms. omiited the bread crumbs. The family really enjoyed it. Thanks. I know I stryed from the recipe, but I'm italian and thats what we do!!!! LOL. Thanks again

What a great idea!!!!! Now im going to have to take your idea and try it :smile:
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!
  • mmbax06
    mmbax06 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yum!! This sounds great!!
  • mmbax06
    mmbax06 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yum!! This sounds great!!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious, I want to try it soon!