Irritated significant others!

Options
I called my boyfriend aked him what he was making for dinner. He sound a little strange. I asked him what was wrong. He said this counting stuff is irritating! Really! All I ask for is just a little support and 30 seconds of his time was irritating. Anybodyelse have this problem? :explode:

Replies

• bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I used to.
    Cost about $25,000 and a half a house, but I fixed it.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I used to.
    Cost about $25,000 and a half a house, but I fixed it.

Ditto! That attorney was worth every penny I paid him and more!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am working on mine, but I am getting a divorce for a different reason (abuse and cheating).
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well, my husband would never make dinner. LOL :laugh:

He does get irritated when I spend a lot of time trying to log my food on my phone when we are trying to eat dinner. I don't really pay attention to it, though.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Not this girl! My guy is 100% supportive. He even stopped drinking soda ( besdies when out to eat ) go my guy!
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    So after getting angry with him i text him. He called back and apologized he said he was sorry and that he just didnt understand. He has never been overweight in his life and he will do some reading about caloreis and diet in order to get and understanding of what i am doing. I guess he will get to be out the dog house this time :tongue:
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I can't even get my husband to count calories. He thinks that running 2 miles 3x a week will help him lose weight, while he sits around and eats Doritos by the bag. Once he asked me "how do we eat healthy?" and I said more veggies, lean meats, whole grains....and he said "Ew."

He definitely doesn't support my exercise and fitness goals...he doesn't ridicule me, but he doesn't help either.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    My husband used to bring me milkshakes, then get mad that I wouldn't eat them and not speak to me for two days. Real mature.

Now that he's gone, I don't have anyone sabotaging me. Making it a whole lot easier this time.
  • serena569
    Options
    My boyfriend is in his 50s and weighs the same as he did in high school so he doesn't really understand but he tries. He does all the cooking so he asks what I want then plans his meal around that too. Unfortunately, he also has a sweet tooth so he'll buy and entire pie, eat a slice, then leave it in my fridge when he goes home at night.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Not this girl! My guy is 100% supportive. He even stopped drinking soda ( besdies when out to eat ) go my guy!

You better hold on to that one! :wink:
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    So after getting angry with him i text him. He called back and apologized he said he was sorry and that he just didnt understand. He has never been overweight in his life and he will do some reading about caloreis and diet in order to get and understanding of what i am doing. I guess he will get to be out the dog house this time :tongue:

Good man! :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

You better hold on to that one! :wink:

I keep him on a short leash.

KIDDING!!!!!!! HAHA
  • mashanda
    Options
    I feel you on the pie thing lol. My boyfriend loves sweets so there are always plenty in the house but i have also filled it with healthy alternatives so I do okay.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hubby has been great in supporting me with this.
    he said if I'm making a change, so is the rest of thr family.
    He also said he'd stop buying Oreo's (his fave).
    That lasted about 3 months---but he rarely buys them now.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options

Awwww, sounds like you have a keeper after all. :)
  • serena569
    Options

Try giving him suggestions about what to cook. If he's making spaghetti, suggest whole grain noodles. If he's making chicken, offer a healthier recipe and some sides to go with it.
  • mashanda
    Options
    He is usually pretty good I have just had a bad day on top of his reaction! It is hard to please a LEO woman that is also an oldest child. lol.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is coming along quite nicely. He has a hard time though because his idea of spoiling me and loving me is bringing me home "treats". Wine, cider, candies whatever. But he is getting better and now he brings me home fruit...
    Although it was a whole pineapple (what the eff), or coronation grapes he thought were blueberries.

LOL. Poor thing. He does try though :happy:

And when I make a healthy meal he always compliments me and tells me how much he enjoys eating healthy dinners.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

He might be a keeper afterall! :laugh:
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Same here my husband supports me 100%. He's the best!