Barefoot Exercising (in general)

2»

Replies

• jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    I do a bootcamp run by a mixed martial arts gym. We can wear shoes if they are ONLY for the gym mat. I've been working out barefoot now for 10 months and I love it. I will get some grippy yoga socks when winter sets in though. It has definitely made my feet and calves stronger and I'm more sure-footed doing the exercises barefoot. I have Vibrams for running/ walking. I don't think I could ever go back to regular shoes for exercise.
  • JezebelGL
    JezebelGL Posts: 33 Member
    Anything I do at home I do barefoot, I've also been known to slip off my sneakers while at the gym on the elliptical. :embarassed:

My son's orthopedist told me, typically the cultures with the best "foot health" go barefoot the majority of the time. So that's how we roll around this house. :happy:
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    whenever I work out inside my home I am barefoot.. I hate shoes... i'm the sandal girl that wears them until the first snow fall!
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    the majority of my cardio comes in the form of the treadmill... Due to a car accident my knees arent the greatest so I NEED the extra cushion afforded by my shoes.... HOWEVER ... I have been eyeing those shoes that look like toe socks with a sole on the bottom of em... Anyone have experience with em ?

Those are the Vibram Five Fingers that people are talking about above.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Anything except free weights. And frying bacon.