HRM question?

Options
How do they work? There is this one on amazon for sale where to get your heart rate you have to put 2 fingers on it...is this how they all work? Or do they automatically get your heart rate by wearing them?

Replies

• blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    No, most of them have a chest strap that you wear with a transmitter ... and then a remote receiver that doubles as a wristwatch that displays your heart rate. The Polar FT7 and FT4 are a couple of popular ones that a lot of folks on MFP have.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The best kind are the ones with chest straps as they monitor your HR for the duration of the workout, not just when you touch it. On top of that the one you touch typically don't give you calories burned, so you would have to find an equation on line and plug in your average HR.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    You want one with a chest strap for a constant rate. I've got the Polar FT4 and am very happy with it.
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    get the chest strap ones... they are more accurate, know you heart rate all the time.. you get used to wearing it... my husband, 3 girlfriends & co-workers all bought the duo one - about $60 on amazon or $90 at sportmart.

the have a timer, calories, time spent above your 'zone', in your 'zone' & below you zone....
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Im looking for one relatively cheap there is one on amazon for 35 with a chest strap..would you guys check it our for me and see what you think?The reviews are good just say it doesn't work good underwater as it's supposed to be waterproof, but Im not a swimmer
    Please check it out and give me some feedback
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GYUHFY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=AS9UUXZ8KC49B