Need some motivation!

Trixie
Trixie Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all - Here I am again....have moved and had some stressors and a foot injury and I'm up almost 15 lbs. Not the end of the world but I know this can be the start of even more weight creeping on and I am not going to let that happen. It's been a tough year (lost my dad, son and daughter both away for college/work, empty nesting (!) and some medical "stuff"). Ugh - I'm usually very active but I'm eating a lot and not healthy at all. Please, please send some positive vibes my way. I really want to get a hold of my health and fitness right now. This seems like a good site - let's see if I can stick with it! Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Trixie
    Trixie Posts: 2
    Hi all - Here I am again....have moved and had some stressors and a foot injury and I'm up almost 15 lbs. Not the end of the world but I know this can be the start of even more weight creeping on and I am not going to let that happen. It's been a tough year (lost my dad, son and daughter both away for college/work, empty nesting (!) and some medical "stuff"). Ugh - I'm usually very active but I'm eating a lot and not healthy at all. Please, please send some positive vibes my way. I really want to get a hold of my health and fitness right now. This seems like a good site - let's see if I can stick with it! Thanks everyone!
  • ragsrulz
    ragsrulz Posts: 10 Member
    good luck!....and good vibes......

a niece of mine is seeing a weight loss therapist...(o the money she has to burn).....and they say, definitely do not obsess on food...(which to me does not make sense, cause if you are on a healthy eating plan, you have to, cause you have to plan soooo much more, cook and etc to keep focused...if not then you end up running by mcdonalds for a "quickie"...) and she says to set 1 goal per week...like not eating a donut that week, or stopping cokes that week, or trying a new veggie that week, or something that works for you...this week for me is trying a new veggie, which I tried boiled (yuk) okra last nite.....and well, I love fried okra, which is the only fried food I like, and so I ate the boiled okra....it was ok, as long as I mixed it in with the salad, lol and disquised it that way.....

so, maybe weekly goals will help? and not changing, or making big changes all at once?
    who knows...you have to find what works for you, your lifestyle, that you can stick with...

so again, goooooood luck.....
This discussion has been closed.