Body Weight vs Heart Rate - Treadmill

Options
So I've dropped 11 pounds (down to 213.5 from 224.5), got back t the gym today and just wanted to see how I do walking on treadmill. Did 1.3miles at 4.0 and checked my heart rate every 1/4mi or so, I was sitting between 110 and 120..

According to the graph on the treadmill that area is listed as "heart healthy" By the way, I did this 1.3 mile after spending about 2.5 hrs the prior day cutting wood (chainsaw), hauling it, etc Legs were a little sore this morn, treadmill didnt bother me though.

If I would have been walking 4.0 at 224.5lbs I believe i recall my heart rate was 160+.. endurance training per the graph..

Anyone care to comment on this, seem dropping 10-11lbs has made my cardio much much much easier? I didnt think I would see this drastic change in my HR over 11lbs.

Replies

• kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    If you've been walking and exercising all along, though, your heart is getting stronger. As it gets stronger, it accomplishes more with each beat and doesn't have to beat as many times to accomplish the same things. That helps with your endurance. I've only lost 16 pounds, and my heartrate is much improved. I can work harder and still keep my heartrate in the same range. This is why climbing stairs used to make me winded, and now it doesn't bother me.

Keep it up!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    The only thing that never changes is your max HR, however you RHR will change and so will your working HR.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The only thing that never changes is your max HR, however you RHR will change and so will your working HR.

RHR - resting HR? How do I fig out my max HR, any idea the ratio of RHR and working would change based on lbs lost?