Rewards Make It All Worth It

Options
I'm back on a weight loss plan and this time for good. I finally got it through my head that some changes in life have to be permanent. That includes my health. But I need a vision. I've been trying to come up with a good motivator. Something that I could really look forward to and look back on the whole journey and say "wow, I did it!". A "reward" of some kind to give to myself once I have reached my goal. And I don't mean finally being able to fit into a size 8 dress. I mean something like throwing a party or going on a vacation. Can someone share a great reward they gave themselves or plan to after losing a significant amount of weight?

Replies

• yojaseyrae
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, and totally agree that I need the same! A lot of people have said 'oh you'll look nice for holiday next year' but that's not the point, it needs to be something you can do spontaneously, like only go on holiday once you've got to your goal weight. If you have any ideas, let me know! x
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I live in Northern Ireland, and I used a trip to Australia as a motivator/reward. I was "only" about 28lbs down by then, but I felt amazing and I had the best time :D
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    I reward myself with good health. The number on the scale and the feeling of accomplishment are enough for me.
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    It seems we are out of town alot and do atleast 1 big vacation each year so I didn't want that. I am a clothes fanatic and love style~! So my reward that my sweet hubby is giving me is..... a huge shopping spree!! I've been dying for some Missme Jeans and a Bling Hide belt and I don't want those things at this size. That may not be enough to spur some people, but I love clothes!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hit my goal so I can hit the stores!!!!!!!!!!