Hello =)

Options
So this is one of my first times on MFP online. I love it. I have been doing it for a couple weeks now...I have fallen off and am trying to get back into it. It's really hard because I am an emotional eater. When I am stressed I eat, when I am sad I eat, when I am happy I eat....You see where that got me. So now I am trying to teach myself to change my eating habits.

I did weight watchers for a while and lost 35lbs. I stopped because the money adds up over time and wanted to try something else. Hopefully this works! =)

Replies

• amymaria91
    Options
    Hey, I've been on here about a month and a half and finding this site so helpful, the support and motivation is amazing. Add me as a friend if you want :-)
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Everyone on here is super supportive. You'll do great! =)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I too am an emotional eater. I have replaced the "sugar high" with an exercise rush! I run....it's free.... I could start out at 30 seconds and progress at my own pace. Now after about 6 month, I am addicted to it so much more than I ever was to food and, trust me, that's saying something! Find the movement that works for you. This is where MFP comes in: once you see how much more you can eat based on what you're putting out.....the motivation will come. At first I only exercised to get more food because I was hungry...lol. Gradually I have learned to bank some of those workout calories to keep my weight dropping but I still sometimes eat them all back. That's ok.... my metabolism is still going strong after 88 lbs. Next time your sad reach for your tennis shoes instead of a twinkie. Who knows, it may work for you too.
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've done the weight watchers, TOPS, and diets on my own, now I think I've found the real support I need right here on MFP. It's an every day support group not a once a week thing and you can do it whenever you can and throughout the day if you need to. This is what I needed; and logging the diary and putting it so everyone can see what you've done is a little intimidating but if you are serious about losing it's a must, and to be responsible, honest and forthcoming with the truth of what you are eating and the exercise you are doing it will work for you as it has done for so many friends on MFP. The lose of weight will show or not show and sometimes it's the inches that don't show up also. Good Luck hope you are one of the lucky ones to meet your goals.
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    welcome :)
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) I get hungry all the time too! I don't really like WW because it needs money. I admit losing weight is really expensive (maybe it's a punishment for me for eating so much and being fat. :P) But I'm glad people found MFP! It's great here and the people here are awesome! Feel free to add me as friends ;)
  • melbasc
    melbasc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined Monday so I am new here too. I am the QUEEN of emotional eating! Feel free to add me as a friend!