Fatty Hips

Options
So I know my butt and thighs are going to be the first to lose the weight, it happened before when I was losing weight but then I gained WAY too much weight with my son when I as pregnant and I am struggling post birth this time to drop the weight. I am having a hard time getting rid of the excess weight on my hips and lower back.

HELP!

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, your body decides where to store fat first and release it last. All you can do is to keep losing weight and it'll start to reduce from your trouble areas when it's time.
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    So I know my butt and thighs are going to be the first to lose the weight, it happened before when I was losing weight but then I gained WAY too much weight with my son when I as pregnant and I am struggling post birth this time to drop the weight. I am having a hard time getting rid of the excess weight on my hips and lower back.

HELP!

Is your question how to get rid of the accululated fat around your hips and lower back?
    You can't spot-reduce.
    And there is no guarantee that you will lose the fat around your thighs and butt first.
    Please tell us about your diet and exercise plan, along with your height and body fat if you know it so we can make some more informed opinions on it.
  • kayleetruesdale
    Options
    So I can't guarantee it but I have seen minor improvements in both areas. I was able to slip on a pair of jeans (tight around the hips) but made it past my thighs where it wouldn't before. I mainly sit at a desk all day for work. 3 days a week I am completing the C25K program and using dance central at home for the xbox Kinect. I also walk at least a half hour every day.

Are there any exercises to help target my hips and lower back?
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I would add in some strength training, doing squats and lunges with weights deadlifts, clean and presses and throw in some planks to work your core.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!