It really works!!

For the last couple months I've not taken seriously the fact that when you work out, you need more calories. It's fuel for your body. And I need to be careful what I eat. I've be exercising like crazy for the last 2 months, and haven't lost hardly any weight. I really thought lots of exercise would do the trick. Learn from me! I decided to take the food serious, along with my exercise, and carefully tracked it here. I lost 2.5 pounds in 3 days! IT REALLY WORKS!

Replies

• nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Well done on your loss :-) I fully agree! At first I was so cautious about MFP and was scared to eat back my exercise calls, but then after a leap of faith I now eat back almost all of my exercise cals and have still been losing! In fact I now just make sure my net cals are somewhere between my goal intake and below my maintanence (1200 - 1650) and the weight is still moving but I feel nicely full at the end of the day. Have faith in MFP; like the OP said, it really does work!
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    i totally agree...i was working out really hard and trying to stick to my 1200 calories even though i was burning upwards of 795 calories. Needless to stay i wasn't losing as much as i thought...then i read a post saying you should eat your workout calories because you create too much of a deficit when you don't. well i started eating more calories (not all my excercise cals but more) and lost a pound more this week then i did last week...plus its way more enjoyable to eat more right?!?
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Way to go... I have to keep reminding myself that... I think oh, if I burn 750 calories tonight, that would be a little over a lb. a week, plus the already decreased amount I am not eating, that would be 2 lbs., etc. But, when I do the math, 1200-750=450. I am only giving my body 450 calories a day to do EVERYTHING it is supposed to do, AND try to repair itself from my work out? No wonder I am gaining!!!
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    i totally agree...i was working out really hard and trying to stick to my 1200 calories even though i was burning upwards of 795 calories. Needless to stay i wasn't losing as much as i thought...then i read a post saying you should eat your workout calories because you create too much of a deficit when you don't. well i started eating more calories (not all my excercise cals but more) and lost a pound more this week then i did last week...plus its way more enjoyable to eat more right?!?

Same here, I finally started eating more calories (but not all of my exercise calories) and I finally started lose some weight!
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    It definitely does work . :) Congrats on your loss.
  • Monanik
    Monanik Posts: 150
    Awesome topic! I too had to learn the hard way and I ate low calories and worked out hard. It was working at first but then the scale started slowin down to .2 a wk. This week I upped and zig zagged my cals and boom I lost 1.4lbs! It really does work you have to eat more to lose!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!