New to MFP and 43

HI!! Just beginning my journey here and finding it rather eye opening as to how quickly the calories add up!! Baby weight is hard enough to lose. Losing baby weight at my age is like pushing a boulder up a mountain (though, come to think of it, that would help me lose weight). I've tried a few other diets and nothing has worked. But a friend has lost a lot of weight through this site and I decided to try it. So we shall see...

Replies

• Welcome! I am also new to this and I am looking forward to the new journey in my life! :happy:
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Welcome! I'm newish to MFP within the last month and a half and I'm 45. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Wonderful!! It always helps to know you are not alone. Hopefully we can "enjoy" the journey...
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Welcome!
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Welcome to MFP. This is a great site with lots of supportive people. Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • netztoy
    netztoy Posts: 83 Member
    Hi, im a week young to MFP...welcome!:smile:
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    feel free to add me. I've been here since Feb and had great success. I am 48 and thought I was never going to be fit again, this palce is a miracle worker! And the support of friends is terrific :)
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Welcome! I really hope you enjoy it around here :P
  • Welcome! I've been on mfp for almost 10 weeks. I've learned you really have to read labels and make wise decisions about what food will fill you up, be satisfying, and fall within the ranges of the categories you choose to use. I always go over on protein and don't worry about it. The areas I'm concerned with are saturated fat, sugar, and carbs. If you really watch these, you won't have to worry about going over your calories. Are you exercising? You will get hundreds of extra calories plus some in each category if you do. After you eat a meal, stay active and don't just sit or lie down. Drink all your water. Make friends on mfp and they will help to motivate you, answer questions, and make it lots more fun. I'm 63 and have lost 29 pounds so far. I take 6 water aerobics classes weekly and work full time. Purge your kitchen of anything tempting if you can. Keep your frig/pantry stocked with healthy food and snacks. And really ENJOY yourself. Mfp has been a Godsend to me in helping me regain my health. I'm on a quest to lose 100 pounds once and for all. If you would like to be friends, request it. Good luck:)

Bette
  • Welcome and congratulations on the birth of your son! This is a great site for encouragement. You can also vent and have pitty parties, too! LOL! We all have bad days, but they make the good days more appreciated. Feel free to add me as a friend. We'll support each other!
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Welcome and good luck. This is a great place - full of friendly folk - the most successful losers in the world!
    I've been here 6 weeks now (also losing 'baby weight' but some that has hung around long after the babies are grown!) and am happy to feel the effect.
    Add me as a friend if you wish.