Easy low calorie meals?

Can anyone help me with meals that are easy to make, low calorie, and cheap? I am tired of eating the same crap and craving sweets. HELP!!

Replies

• buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    www.skinnytaste.com is my favorite place to find new ideas.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Shawn_Marie Posts: 307 Member
    Skinnytaste.com has awesome recipes! :bigsmile:
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    I made spaghetti squash for dinner tonight...you can use it in place of spaghetti and top with red sauce or olive oil. I love it!
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Eat whatever you want just make sure you have a calorie deficit.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/
  • jessimica_b2
    jessimica_b2 Posts: 14 Member
    my favorite is steamed fresh veggies, with prawns and seasoning (cracked pepper, oragano, etc) then put some calorie wise Italian dressing on it. SOO tasty, filling and crazy low calorie... that it should be horrible for you ... but somehow is extra good for you :)
  • VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    You can never go wrong with eggs, only 70 calories for a large egg and its full of protein! Make yourself a nice omelette or scramble eggs. I like to add rosemary in my eggs for extra flavor♥
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    I like to make chicken wraps, just chicken breast, cheese, and lettuce to wrap it in. Of course you could add other things but im picky....who wouldve guessed!
  • Lefeh99
    Lefeh99 Posts: 19 Member
    VeroJuly, interesting about the eggs. I was going to fix myself scrambled eggs for breakfast this mornign but didn't because I thought the eggs were high in calories. What type of eggs are you using??

Thanks for the website suggestion!! I can't wait to check it out!
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    370 calories for this (6 servings)
    bag of mixed veggies
    pie crust (pilsbury)
    1 container philedelphia cooking cream savory garlic
    1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts

Cook chicken add garlic powder and onion powder with 1 tbs smart balance butter
    add veggies.
    Add cooking creme
    Pour into casserole dish
    add pie crust on top.
    Put slits in pie crust
    in oven at 375 for 30-40 minutes
    YUM!
    Sounds so bad for you but its not :)
  • SheriG9
    SheriG9 Posts: 62
    I made Chicken chili tonight, and everyone loved it. One cup is less than 180 calories, low fat, high fiber, and full of taste. I used frozen skinless/boneless chicken breasts, boiledwith garlic, onions, and celery till nearly cooked thru,cut in bite sized chunks. Added one can tomato sauce, one can tomatoes diced with jalapenos, one can black beans, one can kidney beans, one can white beans, one can corn, and one can garbanzo beans. One heaping tablespoon of chili powder, one heaping tablespoon ground cumin, pepper to taste, salt if needed. Stir, and let simmer several hours for full flavor. YUMMY!
  • Wow. These are great! Thanks everyone. I can definitely use the help. I don't like cooking but love to eat.
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Hungry girl cookbook, got mine at walmart and use it all the time
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Hungry girl cookbook, got mine at walmart and use it all the time