Will I lose weight if I eat ATP???

Options
Uerzer
Uerzer Posts: 273
Please, I would be interested in hearing your opinions!

EDIT: ATP = Adenosine-5'-triphosphate

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Is ATP "At The Park"?
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    a tasty pie?

Yes
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    sorry, i meant Adenosine-5'-triphosphate (ATP)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Ridiculous.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    a tasty pie?

Yes

Unless you are talking about pie :D

but be careful about the sugar! It will make ya insta-fat
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    technically, you're "eating" ATP in every thing you eat...
  • pjrginkansas
    pjrginkansas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What's "Totally Tall Women"?!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    What's "Totally Tall Women"?!
    It's a group on here of women 5'9 and taller.
  • vintx
    vintx Posts: 34
    Options
    your body turns pretty much anything you eat into ATP. sounds like a total gimmick to me.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    ATP is energy. Everything you eat has energy in it.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    a tasty pie?

Yes

... now I want pie! ... a TASTY pie.

Edit; and to answer your question, pretty much no pill will make you lose weight by itself. Stick to diet and exercise and save your money.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    who?
  • spottedlee
    Options
    is Adenosine-5'-triphosphate a drug? If so, I looked online and don't understand medical mumbo jumbo,, I think your doc is best person to ask.. I am sorry for saying that but,, you know.. If you don't know anything about it, don't say anything.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Where'd you get this idea?

ATP is a high-energy molecule that fuels many of the chemical reactions in your cells that keep you alive. As far as I know, your gut does not specifically absorb ATP (as in it doesn't have a receptor for it that I know of)... and for that matter... I can't think of any transport systems or anything like that to handle ATP circulating in your blood stream. Mostly, the cells make the ATP they need via the Kreb Cycle and that's it.

So my guess is, if you eat ATP, you're body is just going to break it down into it's component parts and use it as fuel/building blocks and it's not going to phase your metabolism one way or the other. I could be wrong... but... you'd have to produce a hell of a lot of data to convince me that there's any advantage to eating the stuff.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    The response to your initial question would be to the affirmative or the negative, depending on a number of variables, both tangible and intangible.
  • cfrock
    cfrock Posts: 37
    Options
    No, you will not. I'm not even sure how you would go about eating pure ATP...

We talked about this in Bio. You'd need to eat like 5+ lbs of it, just to get what your body makes in a day by itself using the normal food that you feed it with.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Only if you eat it with pregnant pee.
  • cheetahcub2010
    cheetahcub2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    ATP is one of the molecules your body uses for energy. I'm not a doctor, but it doesn't seem like taking a supplement of what your body naturally makes will help you loose weight. I agree, ask your doctor if you're serious about wanting to know if this helps you loose weight, but as a biochemistry student, doesn't make sense to me.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Just eat the effing pancakes.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have not seen a member here with the name "ATP" but i'm guessing if that's all you eat, you'll lose weight. Should I change my user name to ATP? :huh: