Best workouts

So I decided to join a gym with a friend so we can motivate each other. Does anyone know which machines at the gym burn the most calories? I'd really like to burn more than 500 calories every time I go there.

Replies

• Check if theres a "circuit workout" training area where you go from one machine to the next, that'd be a good place to start. Working legs is good too. Squats especially. Other than that, in general, try to rest no more than a minute in between exercises.
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Whatever gets your heartrate up and keeps you working. The harder you work - the more calories you burn.
  • For me it's the elliptical, that really gets my heart rate going which helps burn more calories. Also walking on the treadmill at a high incline, like 15.0 usually around 3.0mph. lets me burn over 60 calories in just 5 minutes.

I only like the machines that count your calories burned for you because there is often a big difference between what the machine says and what MFP says. Strength training is good too but doesn't record your calories unless you have a HRM or something.