RANTING- not for the easily offended

Options

Replies

• capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It annoys me too. I also hate when people add "-orexic" to the end of things and make up words. It takes away from the fact that anorexia is a serious mental illness that people die from, it's not being skinny or not eating enough.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    HOW THE HELL is me trying to say calling someone anorexic is not a good thing to do especiially if you don't know them
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    This is not even all about that post. As i said it;s about people calling MY FRIENDS anorexic
    so thanks:D

That's just jealousy of the person who is calling them anorexic maybe
    exactly. it's offensive and could be very offensive to actual anorexic people

I thought you were leaving?!

cough*troll*cough
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    It annoys me too. I also hate when people add "-orexic" to the end of things and make up words. It takes away from the fact that anorexia is a serious mental illness that people die from, it's not being skinny or not eating enough.
    this
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    this
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    this
    i second this
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    leaving now because people are clearly getting touchy and I cannot stand babies

Imgaine that! I thought your post was so positive and uplifting. Wow... some people......:flowerforyou:

Little hint: This is a public site with people with varying degrees of weight issues. A rant that ends with calling people fat will cause a surplus of negative reactions. You are entitled to your opinion and to express it but there are better ways in doing so. Better luck next time.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    your talking about people using the word anorexic and hurtig your friends feelings how do you think it makes people on a weight loss site feel when you use the word FAT in the way you did it was clearly meant as a insult to those people calling your friends anorexic so you clearly think little of overweight people ,,,, i just dont understand how you can be soooo against name calling and then do it yourself within the same post

it is class-less ):

I DO NOT think little over overweight people, that's just stupid I've been pverweight my whole life I'm still overweight my best friend is overweight my ENTIRE family is overweight
    It's me SAYING that calling someone anorexic just because they're thinner than you IS NOT RIGHT
    end of story
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    this

Dude, I thought you were leaving because of all the babies on here?
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    REITTERATING THAT THIS WASNT POINTED TOWARD ANYONE ON MFP

thanks
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    your talking about people using the word anorexic and hurtig your friends feelings how do you think it makes people on a weight loss site feel when you use the word FAT in the way you did it was clearly meant as a insult to those people calling your friends anorexic so you clearly think little of overweight people ,,,, i just dont understand how you can be soooo against name calling and then do it yourself within the same post

it is class-less ):

I DO NOT think little over overweight people, that's just stupid I've been pverweight my whole life I'm still overweight my best friend is overweight my ENTIRE family is overweight
    It's me SAYING that calling someone anorexic just because they're thinner than you IS NOT RIGHT
    end of story

But the way you went about saying it was rude and demeaning. You could have come in here been calm, cool, and collected, explained yourself well in a polite way, and gotten a much different response.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    HOW THE HELL is me trying to say calling someone anorexic is not a good thing to do especiially if you don't know them

Rudeness is offensive. Also, being anorexic isn't "bad name" it's not the most insulting thing to call a person. Do you think so very lowly of people with eating disorders that you find the thought of it OFFENSIVE? Interesting fact, we're people, just like you. We have a condition/disease/disorder, but we're people don't, don't make it sound like we have the freaking plague.
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

it is class-less ):

end of story

Then you should know better than to use the word FAT in a derogartory way especially when usuing it to support your argument that name calling isnt right wether someone is using the word anorexic or fat if its used to put others down its just wrong
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

it is class-less ):

end of story

But the way you went about saying it was rude and demeaning. You could have come in here been calm, cool, and collected, explained yourself well in a polite way, and gotten a much different response.

I just think overweight people call skinnier people anorexic becuase they're jealous and in comparison to them they are really really skinny....
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Popcorn----check
    laptop----check
    on the couch---check
    throw up bucket because I ate the popcorn---check

This is better than TV!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

I just think overweight people call skinnier people anorexic becuase they're jealous and in comparison to them they are really really skinny....

I think people are jealous less often then you'd imagine...
  • madisonsteelex
    Options

Rudeness is offensive. Also, being anorexic isn't "bad name" it's not the most insulting thing to call a person. Do you think so very lowly of people with eating disorders that you find the thought of it OFFENSIVE? Interesting fact, we're people, just like you. We have a condition/disease/disorder, but we're people don't, don't make it sound like we have the freaking plague.
    No i do not find the thought of it offensive i was saying that you just shouldnt go around calling people anorexic because it's a seriously illness.. like... what you don't even make sense
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options

it is class-less ):

end of story

Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they can call everyone thats thin anorexic. '-'
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    You can't be so blind that you don't see calling someone fat is just as bad as calling someone anorexic. You are now exactly the kind of person you are ranting about.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    Popcorn----check
    laptop----check
    on the couch---check
    throw up bucket because I ate the popcorn---check

This is better than TV!
    Can I have some popcorn? :smile:
This discussion has been closed.