Stronger, Better, Faster....Jan 27th

Options
Good morning!

Yesterday I did good on calories and exercise...I just am having so much trouble with the water. Since it's cold I don't even think about drinking anything because all I want is hot soups :laugh:

Well, I've got to make this short and sweet since I'm running late, but you all have a good morning!

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Yesterday I did good on calories and exercise...I just am having so much trouble with the water. Since it's cold I don't even think about drinking anything because all I want is hot soups :laugh:

Well, I've got to make this short and sweet since I'm running late, but you all have a good morning!
  • CMJ1979
    CMJ1979 Posts: 42
    Options
    Well there is water in soups, so that should count for something. Water in any form is better than none at all, so don't sweat it and drink your soup.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I hear you Renae. I am having a hard time drinking my water too. Part of my problem is that I just haven't made time.
    Well, it's a high of 34 today and there's icy weather moving in this afternoon, so I say this is a good day to stay home and snuggle up on the couch and watch movies. BUT I'm not going to be able to do that. At least not all day. I am without a car, which is no big deal except Alex has tumbling this morning. A friend who has two daughters with classes after Alex, is going to come pick us up. We will be gone till noon, which takes a good part of the day away for me. Oh well. At least Alex can go to class.
    After that I am going to try to get some painting done. I don't know if I am going to get a work out in today or not. I really need to get this painting done. I might sand on the drawers so that will be a work out.
    I am trying to stay off sweets though I haven't officially started the challenge. I have things like chocolate pudding and some muffins I want to finish up first.
    I'd better get Alex up and ready for class. He's not the fastest eater (reminds me of me so much when I was a kid! I got in so much trouble for being slow!), and we have to leave in an hour.
    Have a good day and try to stay warm!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I guess MM & I were getting cocky about our weather - the ice is on its way. I hope it doesn't - I have to teach tomorrow in the "hills" of Austin and don't fancy wrecking my car to earn $25.

Today, hmmm, I thought about doing a video, but I'm just not that into them. I'll probably head to the gym. I would love to surprise my dad this summer and go for a jog with him.

Happy workouts!
  • emilee21
    Options
    I actually had this problem as well, but I found if I warm up my water to luke warm temp. I can down 32 oz. pretty fast...I have one of those Hot and Cold water dispensers so I just make it a room temp and it is really easy to drink and get most of that in...good luck
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    OK, so I'm all about this exercising for dollars now. . .I've made a wish list of about ten items, and figured their cost in workouts. . .what a nerd I am. I'm trying to keep them under $50 bucks a piece, so that I can get to them faster. . .hey. . .whatever incentive works.

Also, since dollars/2dollars are jingly money and not folding money up here, I can keep it in a jar on my desk and watch it grow at a quick pace. Even the ten dollars from yesterday looks impressive.

I'm currently watching the legislature debate whether or not to legislate us back to work. . .and trying to figure out how you have a unilateral "deadlock". . .essentially the employer has refused to negotiate, even though the union is willing to. It feels weird to watch a parliamentary setting and realize that they have your destiny in their hands. . .feels important and disgusting at the same time. . .I'm sure they're going to do it, it's just a matter of when. The NDP (the more radical party) is essentially filibustering to see if the university will go back to the bargaining table. Oh, the drama. . .

Oh, yeah. . .my workout. . .today I'm going to the gym, and trying to earn another ten to fifteen dollars through cardio and weight training. (I'm considering giving weight training $10 per half hour, since I hate it so much.:tongue: )

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    If you like green teas you could drink those too. They are warm, and a few of them each day can count as water intake.