Another new waist... err, face!

Options
Hi everybody! been tracking my foods for a week or two now, thought I'd check out the message board tonight for the first time. I'm a 29 year old female (will be 30 in about a month!) and I'm here trying to lose weight! All through high school I was the "skinny girl' at 5'7" and 115lb. After finishing high school and going through nursing school, I packed on 60lb in about a year. It fluctuates - my lowest since then has been about 150, highest about 190. I'm about 180-185 now, depending on which scale I use. I started using the 17 day diet but have since modified it to count calories but still eating basically the same foods allowed there. I also recently joined the local YMCA and have been trying to do about an hour of cardio 3 days a week and a friend has been helping me learn how to use free weights. My spare time consists of spending time with my boyfriend and caring for my "zoo" - 5 cats, 1 dog, 3 horses, and a donkey!! I'm not seeing any results on the scale right now, despite eating about 1500 calories a day and the above workout regime. Hoping the plateau will end soon... any pointers, advice, or motivation are very welcome!!

Replies

• Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I joined about one week ago, I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!!
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. It is a great place to be.