in need of some advice & help

Options
hi my name is tiana and i have been struggling with losing weight .. working out is not my problem . my problem is food i never eat breakfast .. and all the food in my house is a no no .. but thing is i dont know what kinds of food i should buy.. so this week i will go to the grocery store please help me make my list

Replies

• Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    First, plan what meals you would like to make, then make your grocery list. Shop around the outer edges of the store. This is the produce, meats, and dairy aisles generally. You should eat breakfast. Try any of the following: boiled egg, cereal (low sugar kind), eggs, peanut butter on toast/english muffin etc... You might try making a tuna salad, grilled chicken with veggies etc...
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    ~Chicken
    ~frozen veggies (not the kind in sauce, just the regular veggies)
    ~a breakfast cereal without a ton of sugar such as raisin bran or a hot breakfast like oatmeal or cream of wheat
    ~eggs (eat them for breakfast too)
    ~NO juice (ton of sugar)
    ~low calorie snacks like pudding or jello
    ~Kellog's Special K Protein Meals bars are awesome (Strawberry is my fave)
    ~Italian breadcrumbs to coat the chicken with for a yummy not bad for you chicken
    ~salad fixings: spinach, romaine lettuce, black olives, sunflower seeds, fat free croutons, light dressing (no creamy dressings)
    ~FRUIT - apples, grapes, strawberries, plums, bananas, grapefruit, cantelope
    ~fresh veggies- brussel sprouts, asparagus (broiled in the oven with some olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper until slight browned), snap beans, broccolli

Hope this helps!!!!
  • mrsamyhicks
    Options
    I had the same problem. Im pretty much just beginning to work out and eat right (2+ weeks) and to be honest Im not PERFECTLY sure if Im doing all the right things but I can tell you what I am doing, so far it feels right. : I bought plenty of slim fast drinks -I drink one in the morning for breakfast (because I dont like to eat breakfast) and one later in the day. I bought Cheerios, in case i do want to eat something for breakfast, with Fat Free milk and Splenda sugar because I need flavor to my cereal. A WHOLE bunch of Michelina's Lean Gourmet dinners (which cost $1 each and are sooooo good in my opinion), Baked lays and Breyer's 1/2 fat chocolate icecream, Reduced fat club crackers, Adkins full bars and peanut butter cups (these are all for snacks when i get munchies or whatever) , Wheat Bread, Ground Turkey Meat, Fat Free cheese slices, turkey for sandwiches, light ceasar salad with light dressing, low fat progresso chicken noodle soup, and a few other things. Basically I buy the same things I normally do with the addition of a few fruits, but i buy the low or no fat version. I log all my foods on here BEFORE i eat it to see where I am in my calories. I usually eat the crispy south bacon ranch salad at mcdonalds but instead i eat the grilled, which is about 180 calories less. Today I bought velveeta cheese with 2% milk, baked doritos and used 1 cup of fat free milk all because i wanted nachos. Like I said Im not 100% sure that What im doing is exactly right but I stay within my calorie range for the day and exercise at least 25 minutes EVERY day so Im doing WAAAAAYYYY better than what I used to do. If you want u can view my diary to get an idea of what i eat and get an idea on what to buy. Good luck hun, rooting for you!!!!!
  • mrsamyhicks
    Options
    I had the same problem. Im pretty much just beginning to work out and eat right (2+ weeks) and to be honest Im not PERFECTLY sure if Im doing all the right things but I can tell you what I am doing, so far it feels right. : I bought plenty of slim fast drinks -I drink one in the morning for breakfast (because I dont like to eat breakfast) and one later in the day. I bought Cheerios, in case i do want to eat something for breakfast, with Fat Free milk and Splenda sugar because I need flavor to my cereal. A WHOLE bunch of Michelina's Lean Gourmet dinners (which cost $1 each and are sooooo good in my opinion), Baked lays and Breyer's 1/2 fat chocolate icecream, Reduced fat club crackers, Adkins full bars and peanut butter cups (these are all for snacks when i get munchies or whatever) , Wheat Bread, Ground Turkey Meat, Fat Free cheese slices, turkey for sandwiches, light ceasar salad with light dressing, low fat progresso chicken noodle soup, and a few other things. Basically I buy the same things I normally do with the addition of a few fruits, but i buy the low or no fat version. I log all my foods on here BEFORE i eat it to see where I am in my calories. I usually eat the crispy south bacon ranch salad at mcdonalds but instead i eat the grilled, which is about 180 calories less. Today I bought velveeta cheese with 2% milk, baked doritos and used 1 cup of fat free milk all because i wanted nachos. Like I said Im not 100% sure that What im doing is exactly right but I stay within my calorie range for the day and exercise at least 25 minutes EVERY day so Im doing WAAAAAYYYY better than what I used to do. If you want u can view my diary to get an idea of what i eat and get an idea on what to buy. Good luck hun, rooting for you!!!!!