Banana Almond Butter (SO INCREDIBLE!!!!)

124»

Replies

• tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Bump
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    I have both! Going to try this!
  • tarotlou
    tarotlou Posts: 47
    Bump :)
  • Tammi623
    Tammi623 Posts: 113 Member
    Sounds Good!!! ^_^
  • JessLoseIt221
    JessLoseIt221 Posts: 13 Member
    bump!
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Ok. This mighht sound stupid but the almonds should b skinless?

I made it yesterday with almonds on the skins on and it was fine, turned out lovely.
    The banana really makes it come together, and turned it so creamy and shiny.

I mixed about a tablespoon of it with 150 grams Fage 0% and a 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, popped it in a little plastic pot, and stuck it in the freezer. I mixed it around a few times over the course of an hour, and had a lovely soft serve ice cream type thing which I shared with my not-watching-his-calories partner and we were both in creamy heaven on this hot day.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Savings! Thanks for this, sounds awesome!
  • jwcomputergirl
    jwcomputergirl Posts: 126 Member
    bump
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Sounds good. I was just reading about P28 nut butter - Banana Raisin flavor. I would much prefer to make my own with natural ingredients. Thanks for sharing.
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    I just made this. One word: FANTASTIC!

My batch turned out as 10oz total, 74 calories per 1oz serving, 4 carbs (2 of which are fiber). Compared to a slightly smaller serving of peanut butter at a whopping 200 calories, this is great! I just ate my first two servings as two almond butter and jelly sandwiches for a quick supper.
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    PS. My almond butter was finished after only 6 minutes in the cuisinart 11 cup prep plus processor.... then it started to heat up and smell weird, so you may not need to go a full 12 minutes for almond butter.