Hi fellow fitness pals!

Options
I am new to this whole website diet and exercise thing, but I am willing to give it a shot. I hurt my knee recently, so I can't do the high impact things I like such as Tennis or Running... which sucks. Anyone know any good exercises that can help both strengthen my knee and help me burn calories? Anyways, have a lovely day/night!! ^_^

Replies

• Moosiklaydy
    Options
    I would check with your Dr. what your exercise restrictions are, but the elliptical is a great workout and it's low impact on the joints. I would check out yoga as well. People don't realize how much strength that can build. :)
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm big for aquafit/swimming; it can be a great burn and very little stress on the leg. Also a lot of arm cardio, punching the air will get your heart rate up, if you can use the long ropes and whip them up and down as hard as you can also will give you a good workout.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I know you will find this site both motivating and supportive.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like encouragement and support.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I find brisk walking is good when I can't do anything high impact and water aerobics would be good too.

Best of luck!