Easy recipes?

Options
KandiceSzeliga
KandiceSzeliga Posts: 12 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for good easy recipes (for those days that your considering ordering takeout instead of cooking? haha)

Replies

• Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    When I'm lazy, I just open a jar of pasta sauce and pour it on pasta. Sometimes I'll pound a couple of chicken breasts, fry them in just a teeny bit of olive oil and seasoning and serve them with the pasta sauce on top. This is good because the chicken will fill you and you can have a cup of pasta and not be tempted to eat a giant bowl.

Salmon is good too. You can season it with some salt and lemon pepper and bake it inside of a aluminum foil so it stays moist. Or you can marinate it in some spicy marinade for fish and bake it the same way.

The other thing I do with chicken is cube it, fry it in its own juices with salt and pepper and serve it with a sauce made of pineapple juice (reserved from a can of cubed pineapples), about a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of cornstarch and about a half cup of soy sauce. (get the low sodium) Throw in the chicken and pineapples and cook through. Just go easy on the honey, because it adds calories, but you need something to sweeten the sauce a bit. If its too thick or thin, adjust the cornstarch vs soy sauce.

Sorry, I don't cook much with recipes, I just cook.
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    For me, it's easiest to have basics on hand and throw them together (like pasta, stuff to make sauce, ground beef, salad stuff, sandwich stuff, frozen veggies...) It's easy to mix and match that way, and no stress.

But if you're looking for something fast and low calorie, I'd try Allrecipes.com's quick and easy menu: http://allrecipes.com/menus/16262/quick-and-easy/viewall.aspx?prop24=PN_3.2.1_SN.Quick-and-Easy
    or any recipe on there, for that matter. most of them list the time they take to make.