going to school, what about lunch??

Options
lili200
lili200 Posts: 200 Member
tommorow going back to university! gee! not ready yet but time has come!! any idea what can I take for lunch? I need it to ba not to fat and yet tasty. I have microwave but also a special box that keeps food hot. I thought about meatballs! any other suggestions?
thanks
xxx

Replies

• slerickson9931
    Options
    I think the progresso soups are tasty and they don't have too many calories and you can heat them in the microwave :)
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think the progresso soups are tasty and they don't have too many calories and you can heat them in the microwave :)

Thats what I do alot of the time. I buy the progresso light.
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You can have anything if you have a microwave!
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    any kind of soup really.. most soups home made work out about 100-150 calories and then approx 100-200 calories for bread as well.. very tasty and keeps you full :)

Or instead of bread bulk out soup with lentils or pasta/noodles.. that sort of thing.

Check out my diary for idea on soup flavours.. very yummy!!
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well I eat lunch in my dorm room. So what I do is I buy ragu pizza sauce, shredded cheese (pick your poisin), and small tortilla shells (the smallest you can find - mine are 77 calories!). Proceed as follows: Put a tortilla shell on a plate, spread enough ragu pizza sauce cover the tortilla shell (doesn't even have to be the serving size-- a little over or under is cool as it's extremely low cal). Then sprinkle cheese. The cheese is the highest calorie thing there, but it's what makes pizza. Microwave for 45 seconds (more or less if you so desire). Tada! Dorm pizza. For just a little over 200 calories. I also eat baby carrots with it because I can have like 15 for around 30 calories. It's amazing!
    Another thing I do is get Sara Lee 80 calorie hot dog buns, oscar meyer 98% fat free hot dogs, and ketchup. You can figure out the rest, but it's under 150 calories and really tasty. Hope this helps! You don't have to sacrifice taste for a diet :)