I did it

Options
2»

Replies

• ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!! Up at 4:30????? That's serious dedication! Congrats!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Truly a success story! congratulations!!!! I'm pretty much doing the same thing, just watching what I eat and holding myself accountable for what goes in. Log, Log, Log! That's the only way it works for me!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    From one Bret to another Brett - awesome man!
  • mcintyrekn
    mcintyrekn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Congratulations! It's truly inspiring!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's excellent! Good for you! :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so very much. And really like I said, if I can do this any of you can too. Good luck on meeting all your goals!
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What an inspiration!!!! :)
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations on becoming the new Ironman!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Great job and thank you for sharing - you inspire the rest of us!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Congrats! That is amazing.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    fantastic job!
  • beckystahnke
    beckystahnke Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is really inspiring. Thank you so much for posting. It really comes across in this post that you just decided to face it, and not just whine about it, but do nothing. I like that you mentioned no more cookies and milk before bed – my comfort food is peanut butter w/powdered sugar after work, and I’m working on replacing that habit with regular hour long workouts at the gym in my work building and bubble baths to calm my nerves. I find exercise to be a natural anti-depressant, and baths are much more soothing than a stomach ache after a binge session.

Your dedication to getting up at 4:30 AM is very admirable – I complain about having to be at work at 6:15, and I normally don’t roll out of bed until 5:45. I may just start getting up earlier! I also notice a huge improvement in my sleep when I am regularly exercising.
    It's been nothing but discipline and dedication, with plenty of sanity breaks along the way. I still eat pizza when I feel the need, like I will today. I still enjoy pad thai and even have Cheesecake Factory from time to time. I'm not following any diet or program. I've never had a trainer.

THANK YOU for noting this!!!! It is NOT a diet! It’s a long-term solution to a long-term problem, and life can’t be lived forever without these basic indulgences. As long as we are aware of them, by tracking, it really doesn’t hurt. Just being aware is half the battle.
    I log everything I eat into My Fitness Pal. I try to eat as healthy as possible for me and exercise as much as possible for me. And I have loved every single day. This is the best I've felt in I don't know how long. I get compliments every day. I feel like there's nothing I can't do.

There is nothing you can’t do – and that goes for everyone. If everyone had as much faith and dedication to themselves as you do, we’d all meet our goal in no time. Thank you for the inspiration. You’re doing amazing – keep it up. 
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I like the way you went about it. Indulgences here and there are important to fit in with your discipline
  • nati39
    nati39 Posts: 85
    Options
    Great work....Amazing what we are capable of when we really want to??? Keep up the great work you put into your health!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!