Barbie and Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    It's just a doll and a lot less trashy looking then the Brats dolls, who are these parents putting up the fuss because they can't be in the south half the mommies I know look like that doll down here in NC and I think she is hot, I would not have to cut her hair off and try to reapply her makeup with a magic marker like I did my other Barbies that seemed to Vanilla .. Also was a fan of popping the heads off and leaving them laying around the house ;-)
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I'd rather see that, then that other article trying to explain why barbie is a poor role-model because of her unrealistic proportion sizes.

It's a damn toy.

I find people will complain about it, no matter what you do.

Maybe someone should make an overweight toy doll?

Just cause I like gumby, doesn't mean I wanna have his body.

Or does it?
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yay Barbie! Doctor, Pilot, Vet, homeowner, and now tattooed!

So many people have this stupid idea that "tattoos don't look good on women". I heard that so many times before I got mine.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Mattel isn't getting my business until they make a Barbie with a pierced kitty. :tongue:
  • hsk11270
    Options
    I think it's sick...would never buy it
  • Barelmy
    Options
    I think it's sick...would never buy it

I doubt you can afford it.

What's sick about it? O_O
  • hsk11270
    Options
    I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are yours. She asked us what we thought about it when she made the topic question
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Best Barbie ever!! I want one!! Mothers are against it because she's supposed to be a role model for young girls, but what about her unhealthy and unproportional body size? It's ok for your daughter to want to be unhealthy and super skinny but she can't have tattoos? I know a lot of mothers with tattoos who are excellent role models for their children. It's not like 6 year olds can run out and get tatted anyway!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I know that I want one.......That is all...

And that dog is too F-ing adorable.....

If I had a child, she would defiantly get one of these....
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I think Barbie is a hussy.

Let's just have Pole Dancer Barbie wearing clear heels and be done with it...
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options

If there is Meth Barbie, there is Pole Dancer Barbie.....I am sure of it
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Aren't you a bit too old for barbies? :bigsmile:

haha yes, yes I am :) BUT i was the girl with bins and BINS of barbies and all of her accessories and friends when I was younger ;)

and did you grow up thinking "OMG my hair isnt white and my boobs arent huge and my legs arent long and my feet arent perfectly pointed for stilletos!! i feel like an ugly failure because of Barbie!! kill me now!!"??? i'm guessing no.. if you're like me, i loved playing with them and when it was time my mom stored them away in the attic and eventually threw them away. its a toy, lets move on.

i was thinking the other day about how much society has changed and how sad it is that everyone wants to blame others for their problems. i was singing that song "when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when i'm feeling sad, i simply remember my favorite things and then i dont feel so bad." and thought "ya know in this day and age, if you get bit by a dog, the cops open an investigation, you sew the owner and have the dog put down.. if the bee stings, you get rushed to the hospital and find some one to sew.. if youre feeling sad, you go to the psychiatrist and blame all your problems on your parents, get some antidepressants, and again try to find someone to sew.

edit:***i just re-read this and it seemed like i was attacking you a little bit. just wanted to clarify that i'm definitely not! :)**
  • myofibril
    Options

If there is Meth Barbie, there is Pole Dancer Barbie.....I am sure of it

Don't get me started on Drug Dealer Ken...
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... why aren't these same parents protesting GI Joe and his guns because surely that promotes young children playing with guns and that HAS to mean violence, right?!!!!! :huh:

PUH LEEEEZZZZ!!!! I agree with the general consensus here, there are plenty of other things in the world that deserve our attention... I really don't see what the deal is with Barbie having tats. It's definitely more realistic than her body! If anything, the tats are a positive move for Mantel... LOL
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I think she looks gorgeous.
    It's nice to have an option other than Malibu over-tanned bleach hair Barbie.

I would have loved this as a kid! And I think my parents would have swung for it too...as I gave all my Barbies tattoos with pens, dyed their hair with markers, and gave them facial piercings with sewing pins anyway.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Mattel isn't getting my business until they make a Barbie with a pierced kitty. :tongue:
    Barbie doesn't have a kitty at all. She's smooth.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I think its cute. It is designed by Toki Doki so I agree with someone who said it is prob made for adult collectors, more-so than children.

Honestly, I think even if it were aimed at children, itd be awesome.

Barbie has unrealistic body proportions, yes, but she is a toy. LOL>
  • Barelmy
    Options
    I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are yours. She asked us what we thought about it when she made the topic question

When did I say you weren't? O_O I asked you to clarify what you meant.
  • Barelmy
    Options

...you think she's a 'hussy' based on....her having a long-term loving relationship with one person? Raising her sisters? Her tattoos, in this model?

Or is it that, because the character is always presented as an exaggeratedly attractive woman she MUST be selling her body?

Jesus christ, what is wrong with you?
  • myofibril
    Options

...you think she's a 'hussy' based on....her having a long-term loving relationship with one person? Raising her sisters? Her tattoos, in this model?

Or is it that, because the character is always presented as an exaggeratedly attractive woman she MUST be selling her body?

Jesus christ, what is wrong with you?

wuCMr.gif