10 minute trainer

Options
Hi there, I bought the 10 minute trainer DVD's for the extra work outs when I can't get to the gym, or on my "rest days". Does anybody know how worth while they are, and how many calories each 10 minute work out burns?

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    Options
    It's a great program for people that don't have a lot of time. If you have more time you can stack them (ie do more than one).

I'm not sure on the calorie burn. That's really going to be different for everyone, and also on how hard you work. Feel free to shoot me a friend request or message if you need any help with it.
  • essjay75
    essjay75 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like them on days I'm feeling blah and need something to get me going. I'd say they are worthwhile.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have them too. I really only use the ab workout...I then enter it under Calisthenics moderate effort. It really does some intense ab work. I still run or do kickboxing as my main exercise, this is just little something extra for my tummy!
  • rgstaggs
    Options
    10 Minute trainer is a great workout. To date, I've lost 69 lbs and many inches off everything, hoorah. I have noticed that the strength training ones burn around 100 calories and the cardio one up to 200. Keep in mind, this is in just a few minute, that's how packed TmT is with the routines.
    I've done many of the other Beachbody programs and TmT is by far my favorite.
    If you have any more questions, I am a Beachbody Coach and would be more then happy to answer them for you, or help you make TmT the power punch workout they can be.
    Keep pushing.
  • drsteph01
    Options
    I did this program for three months and had great results. Check out http://drsteph01.blogspot.com for more details.

As for calorie burn, I wore a heart rate monitor and during the cardio workout, I burned just over 100 calories including the warm-up. I did the three session plan and on most days would burn between 300-350 calories in 45 minutes. Each session really takes about 15 minutes when you factor in warm-up, cool-down and the natural pause between each one minute movement. If I missed workouts, I would play catch up and do up to six sessions in 75 minutes. Definitely burned around 600 calories on those days.

Good luck with whatever program you choose.
  • drsteph01
    Options
    I did this program for three months and had great results. Check out http://drsteph01.blogspot.com for more details.

As for calorie burn, I wore a heart rate monitor and during the cardio workout, I burned just over 100 calories including the warm-up. I did the three session plan and on most days would burn between 300-350 calories in 45 minutes. Each session really takes about 15 minutes when you factor in warm-up, cool-down and the natural pause between each one minute movement. If I missed workouts, I would play catch up and do up to six sessions in 75 minutes. Definitely burned around 600 calories on those days.

Good luck with whatever program you choose.
  • livingaloha
    Options
    Getting ready to start adding the 10 minute trainer to my workouts, but not sure how to track this exercise or how many calories it burns. If anyone has any info please let me know
  • Mandarz
    Mandarz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i track mine as circuit training for total body, and aerobics for cardio, yoga as yoga, and abs as strength