Running In the Cold

Options
2»

Replies

• bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    More than just running fast or your breathing in the cold, how do you guys get yourselves out the door when it's so cold? I'm from AR and it was still 82 degrees here earlier this week but a frigid 40 degrees at 5:00 yesterday (yes, that's frigid for AR!) And it's just cold, it never snows, so it's not even pretty, lol. I just can't even think about staying outside in the cold but I want to do a half marathon in March so I need to learn to get used to it. Anything you use to motivate yourself to run in the cold besides the usual running motivations??
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, what race and what style of race is this? I'm not too far from the Chicago area and always looking for new challenges

It's called the Chicago Perfect 10! It's the first annual this year and it's right along Navy Pier! Maybe I"ll see you there :smile:
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    More than just running fast or your breathing in the cold, how do you guys get yourselves out the door when it's so cold? I'm from AR and it was still 82 degrees here earlier this week but a frigid 40 degrees at 5:00 yesterday (yes, that's frigid for AR!) And it's just cold, it never snows, so it's not even pretty, lol. I just can't even think about staying outside in the cold but I want to do a half marathon in March so I need to learn to get used to it. Anything you use to motivate yourself to run in the cold besides the usual running motivations??

After I purchased my cold gear for running I was really motivated to run. Something about a new workout outfit gets me excited to exercise.