Help - Need to up my protein ....

Options
2»

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    No Miko yet?.. I better go check to make sure she's ok...
  • Motivationrequired
    Options
    I was really bloated and having about 4 of the 0% yoghurts a day then my sister in law said it makes her mum bloat so I stopped and my bloating seemed to get better, weird but true!!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    ....I know everyone tells me that I should eat more protein (can't eat wheat either ): nuts (which bothers me because of the cals), fish, meat etc....but the worse is I found yoghurt which I LOVE bloats me up!

this... and so much this.

nuts tend to be a bit salty, but added moisture helps.

i know fish tacos are spectacular, but i prefer many varieties of meat in my taco. it's all in the preparation.

now yoghurt... that's reserved for dessert. unless you're a dessert first kinda gal, but still, a little bit of prep work is necessary to ensure the best taste.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

i know fish tacos are spectacular, but i prefer many varieties of meat in my taco. it's all in the preparation.

now yoghurt... that's reserved for dessert. unless you're a dessert first kinda gal, but still, a little bit of prep work is necessary to ensure the best taste.

This post delivers.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    ....I know everyone tells me that I should eat more protein (can't eat wheat either ): nuts (which bothers me because of the cals), fish, meat etc....but the worse is I found yoghurt which I LOVE bloats me up!

THATTA girl!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options

THATTA girl!

*bows.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Miko knows how to get results.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Ditto on staying away from Shakeology. You can do much better. Plus the Beach Body guy who gave me my sample was an a-hole so that's even more reason not to use it. I've used EAS in the past & it tastes good, with a whopping 23g of protein per serving, I believe. Plus it is reasonably priced. Unfortunately it's no longer available at my local Sam's Club so I just switched to Optimum Nutrition Gold which is double the price (f$@#%$^^$&^^%$) but it does taste good & has just as much protein.

Switch to GREEK yogurt...someone mentioned Chobani & that is my fave. I eat it every day. I buy it by the case at - wait for it - Sam's Club. Edamame is another good one I saw mentioned.

I personally love eggs so I'll do 4 egg white & 1 whole egg with some sort of meat almost every morning for breakfast - I eliminate most of the yolks so I can eat fattier (i.e. YUMMIER) meats like chorizo, bacon or Spam chopped up & scrambled in.

Another breakfast & lunch option is mini quiches. I'll use a jumbo muffin tin & make up a bunch of crustless quiches on the weekend to eat for lunch during the week. They are perfect for work because they freeze & microwave well. I'll load them up with cooked/diced chicken breast, spinach, mushrooms & mozzarella or gruyere. DELICIOUS. I've also made a Mexican version with shredded chicken seasoned with taco seasoning, Mexican blend cheese, & jalapenos (you can line the muffin cups with a low-carb tortilla before filling if you want a crust). Then serve with sour cream, picante sauce/salsa & guac!

If I need more protein I'll often snack on turkey pepperoni, or prosciutto & grapes.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the Shakeology. You can do much better. I've used EAS in the past & it tastes good, with a whopping 23g of protein per serving, I believe. Plus it is reasonably priced. Unfortunately it's no longer available at my local Sam's Club so I just switched to Optimum Nutrition Gold which is double the price (f$@#%$^^$&^^%$) but it does taste good & has just as much protein.

GRRR, I was hoping it was just my local Sams Club that stopped carrying EAS. I also switched to ON and I like it, but EAS was cheaper...
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

This post delivers.

with a bang, too!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    GRRR, I was hoping it was just my local Sams Club that stopped carrying EAS. I also switched to ON and I like it, but EAS was cheaper...
    They stopped selling those individual packages of edamame too! WTH are they trying to do to me??
  • Motivationrequired
    Options
    Am I so tired I'm being totally thick!! Who's Miko?????!!!

And can you get EAS in Uk, its all maxitone here or maximuscle, Or sci mi max shake?? Or does slimfast have same results???
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    nuts, beans, lentils, quiona, tofu, nut butters, whole grains, soy milk ( or regular milk) or protein shakes.