Is it possible to add WORK as exercise in your journal?!

Options
2»

Replies

• JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Work is apart of your daily normal activities!

Well, yeah technically. But after not working for almost a year, it IS like exercise to me because I went from being sedentary to constantly walking and being on my feet all day, 6 days a week.
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    I personally think actual get off your butt and exercise should be added. Work is just part of a normal day. If we could add other activities could we: 1. Put down upper body workout for rolling out pizza, bread or tortilla dough? 2. Should we put down "squats" everytime we sit down on the toilet? 2. I walk up three stairs to get to my house...would this be a quad workout? Great job on the weight loss though, whatever you are doing keep it up.

Well, this is A LOT more activity than what I am used to. And eventually I will add in "real" exercise but as of right now, I am working 6 days a week, on my feet and walking ALL DAY LONG, then I come home to my husband and 4 kids and have to cook, clean, and take care of them.... so fitting in an exercise routine would be next to impossible for me right now! For someone else it might not seem like much but for me it is because I have been a SAHM for almost a year..... so this is a big change in activity level for me.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Work is apart of your daily normal activities!

Well, yeah technically. But after not working for almost a year, it IS like exercise to me because I went from being sedentary to constantly walking and being on my feet all day, 6 days a week.

Like I said earlier, I struggled with my activity change when I first started my new job. But you have to ask yourself at what point will you stop calling it exercise and consider it a change in activity. I mean you can do it however you want, but your caloric needs have changed and it could impact your weight loss.
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    Your cell phone may have a pedometer. Wear it, on vibrate, and walk away those pounds! ;) My daughter works at Walmart and lost down and has kept her size as nicely slim with all the walking, plus she loves green beans and creamed corn--at least 30% of her diet.

I don't think my phone has that feature but I'm not really sure. How much weight did your daughter lose?
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    work is a part of your normal life, should not be considered exercise. your lifestyle type is already figured into your calorie count. i get almost 2000 regular calories a day because i have an extremely active job ( i build swimming pools and move hot tubs). just edit your profile to fit your new job

I did change my activity level AFTER I posted this. lol. At first, I wasn't thinking and didn't realize you could do that.