Turbo Jam Calories Burned?

Options
So I did TJ Cardio Party (1) today and I LOVED it! I didn't really start feeling a burn until about 10 min in (and I only did it for 30 minutes, baby woke up) Anyways, on the exercise tracker it says for my weight I burned 250 calories. That just seems ridiculous though. I did sweat and had my HR up the whole time, but 250 seems like a lot. Would recording my turbo jam cardio as "general dance" be a good way to do it? Or do you really burn that much?
Thanks for your help in advance

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I know when I've done Turbo Jam the most I burned for the whole 45-50 minutes was close to 400.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I use HRM too, and I use calculator that takes in my age, weight, VO2 max (important in knowing more acurately how much you burn), average heart rate and duration of exercise.
    I am 185lbs and 5'7, 22yrs old, female- and I burn in 42min of cardio party about 440-500 cals, during Ab Jam I burn between 140-190cals, during 20 minute Cardio I burn about 170-200, and during Turbo Sculpt I burn about 330-400. The harder I work out, the higher the number.
  • paravision
    Options
    Hey hun!
    I have a HRM I am 203 and 5'6" I was guesstimating 350 cals because MFP said like 600.Then I got the HRM and I am burning 400 ish. If you like cardio party you will love the 20 Min turbo Jam! I was reluctant to try it because its "Only 20 min but I did and wow! Routihne is so much easier so much more fun. I laugh every time Chalean says "do it with me girl!" and her and another girl twist their legs back and forth during the "Party train song". Its so much fun and feels less like a workout. It also has your HR up the whole time. I burned 485 doing 2 20 min sessions back to back today. Dont forget the importance of the Turbo sculpt. Its not hard and gives you good strength training. Now if I can only figure out how to calculate calories burned for that. <3 Friend me if you like. I am a TurboJam freak in week2. <2
  • SAC0O3
    SAC0O3 Posts: 95
    Options
    Where is everyone getting their HRM and which brand/type are you using? I really want to get one!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If you want to do it the cheap way, do this:

Link to HRM with Strap that I go, it's only $36.54 with free 5-8 day shipping on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F5WB66

I used a HRM with chest strap, I love mine. I than take my average heart rate and duration and use this site's calculator where you plug in your age, sex, weight and VO2 max. If you don't know your VO2 max than put down 35, otherwise down below is a link to 3 ways of measuring it-it's very important in knowing how many calories you burn acurately.

Calculator (Do not put 0 for VO2 max otherwise it will overestimate calories burned, put down 35 if you don't know it; this is calcualtor based on calculation many many sites will give you to use to calculate calories burned based on average Heart Rate):
    http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/

How to Measure/Figure Out VO2 Max:
    http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/vo2max-calculator.aspx
  • Scrowder82
    Options
    I 'm doing the learn and burn. I can tell the difference from my usual gym workout. I tire easily. But that's good because once I complete this I know i will definitely be in good shape:wink:
  • sassytiger1969
    Options
    WOW, I thought Turbo Jam would burn way more and it also says it does. There can also be up to 24-48 hours after burn so the commercial says. I wonder if I want to do this now because several people said Rockin Body burns way more and that is what I am doing now.
  • whathappened1
    Options
    I am 5 '6 and weigh 171 pounds , I do metabolic training 3 times a week and Zumba 3 times a week I try to keep my caloric intake at 1500 calories a day but I can not lose weight any suggestions. Help!!!!
  • sjolleyn8
    sjolleyn8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn doing Turbo Sculpt using 3 lb. weights?
  • sjolleyn8
    sjolleyn8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try between 1200 and 1500 calories per day.
  • vzarah
    vzarah Posts: 5
    Options
    When I entered in Turbo Jam Cardio Party, 40 minutes it tells me I burned 700 calories. That's what reports and articles show also. IDK Maybe everyone's different. I've been losing about 3 lbs per week doing this a couple times per week.
  • SLPNY
    SLPNY Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have your thyroid checked and are you "prediabetic". If so consider the atkins diet. The only thing that works for me.
    :wink:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    WOW, I thought Turbo Jam would burn way more and it also says it does. There can also be up to 24-48 hours after burn so the commercial says. I wonder if I want to do this now because several people said Rockin Body burns way more and that is what I am doing now.

Afterburn is associated with lifting HEAVY weights. Afterburn is associated with fatigued muscles.....not cardio. Don't believe the commercials.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn doing Turbo Sculpt using 3 lb. weights?

Calorie burns depend upon height, weight, age, gender, exertion level and more. Heart rate monitors (designed for steady state cardio) use the difference between your resting heart rate against your heart rate while working out.....this is the estimate used for exertion level.

3 pound weights (I'm assuming this still predominately cardio) should add a few extra calories. But if your heart rate is slowing down....this will take that "bonus" away.