Biggest Loser Blueberry Pancake recipe

Options
amaried621
amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
Here is a Blueberry Pancake recipe I got from in an email from the Biggest Loser Club Newsletter. Thought I'd share :)

Blueberry Pancakes!
Enjoy these breakfast treats with friends

For brunch buddies, double, triple or quadruple this recipe with success. The batter will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.

1/2 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup whole-grain oat flour
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! spray
1/2 cup fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries
Sugar-free, low-calorie pancake syrup (optional)
100% fruit orange marmalade spread (optional)

Preheat the oven to 200°F.

In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, flour, egg white, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Whisk just until blended. Stir in the blueberries. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to mist lightly with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! cooking spray.

Return the pan to the heat. Pour the batter in 1/8-cup dollops onto the skillet to form 3 or 4 pancakes. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the tops and the bottoms are golden brown. Flip. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until browned on the bottom. Transfer to an oven-proof plate.

Cover with aluminum foil. Place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with cooking spray and the remaining batter to make 8 pancakes total.

Place 2 pancakes on each of 4 serving plates. Serve immediately with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! spray, syrup, and/or fruit spread.

Yield: Makes 4 servings (1 Serving = 2 pancakes)

Per Serving: Calories 75.2, Total Fat 2.4g, Sat Fat 0.5g, Cholesterol 47.9mg, Sodium 310.3mg, Potassium 8.4mg, Total Carbohydrate 10.2g, Dietary Fiber 0.5g, Sugars 3g, Protein 3.6g

Replies