Greetings all!

Options
I'm new to myfitness pal and have been on here since around Christmas. I've been losing about a 1.5 a week, but I think this week I REALLY GOOFED and blew it! I got sick w/ strep, then had a b-day, and went out of town so for about 4 days I was totally off task...anyone have any advice on how they got over the emotional eating habit? I fear I've gained all my weight back :( I do awesome for about 3 weeks and then start to lose steam and my vision for myself. I've always said its the emotional hurdle that stands in my way without a doubt. Anyhow...hope to meet some like minded people who "get it". Seems to be some really neat people on here and I'm so THANKFUL I found it. Its amazing how those calories stack up quickly!!!

laurie

Replies

• lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm new to myfitness pal and have been on here since around Christmas. I've been losing about a 1.5 a week, but I think this week I REALLY GOOFED and blew it! I got sick w/ strep, then had a b-day, and went out of town so for about 4 days I was totally off task...anyone have any advice on how they got over the emotional eating habit? I fear I've gained all my weight back :( I do awesome for about 3 weeks and then start to lose steam and my vision for myself. I've always said its the emotional hurdle that stands in my way without a doubt. Anyhow...hope to meet some like minded people who "get it". Seems to be some really neat people on here and I'm so THANKFUL I found it. Its amazing how those calories stack up quickly!!!

laurie
  • PattyH
    PattyH Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi Laurie,

Welcome & Good Luck! :flowerforyou:

I'm also an emotional eater! :ohwell:
    What I'm trying to do now is deal with the actual problem that is causing the emotion instead of eating. Depending on what the emotion is and what caused it I do different things! Sometimes I go for a walk, sometimes I need to talk through a problem with the person making me feel the emotion, etc.

Now that I joined MFP (been on for a week) I come online when I feel like I'm going to eat for reasons other than hunger and that helps a lot!! The tools here are very helpful and so are the people! Remember to drink your water!! :drinker: :happy:

You can do it!! :flowerforyou: :smile:

Patty
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes! I'm just now figuring out how the posting works...kind of...thought i was little more technically savvy, but guess not :)

Take care!
  • GodzGirl
    Options
    Hi Laurie ... Just give it your best!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: