Haunty ghosty Halloweenie stuff and the like...

Options
lwhitman4
lwhitman4 Posts: 144 Member
I thought just for fun, it would be entertaining to talk about ghost stories in an adult way. No, not "adult"-adult. Sheesh.

Now, I don't consider myself a big believer in the supernatural. There's stuff that happens everyday that I can't explain, but I'm not going to contribute that to ghosts or demonic forces... or whatever. But I do enjoy hearing stories and researching "haunted" places because I think the human aspect of it is interesting.

So we live in what happens to be a supernatural hot spot here in Texas. In our neighborhood alone (which encompasses a couple dozen square miles I believe), there's tons of claims of ghost sightings, paranormal activity (not the movie), etc. Because I'm lazy I'm just going to cite some websites for info if you'd like to hear about it somewheres at the end of the post here.

Welllll... our family has had some strange things happen in the house, and I can't account for what other people have seen, but I can explain what I saw and let people draw their own conclusions. After we'd been living here for about a month, I was laying in bed early one morning and I happened to look down the hall towards my son's room. His door was closed but there was a greenish light coming from the bottom of the door, not like an overall glow, but like glowing, moving dot. I can best describe it as "Tinkerbell-like". I figured he was up before I was and just playing in his room, so I decided to sneak out of bed, tiptoe down the hallway and scare him. The whole time I'm walking towards the door, the green dot keeps dancing around the bottom of the door, even up until I put my hand on the knob to turn and open it. I throw open the door, expecting to find Logan on the floor by the door playing with some glowy toy or something, but he's asleep in his bed. Not pretending. Asleep. And there's nothing on the floor by the door to explain the green glow. *shrug* I have no idea what it was but that's the only time I've consciously seen something well enough to document it. Make of it what you will!

Husband says he's seen dark, smokey people-shaped forms hovering over people asleep in the house. Logan says he's seen a "legless white woman" float through his closet door. (He's 7, I'm pretty sure it was made up.)

I just wanted to see if anyone else on MFP has some weird haunty ghosty Halloweenie stuff to share.

Oh, and also, claim to fame: the subdivision is supposedly (SUPPOSEDLY!) what Steven Spielberg based his story off of in the movie Poltergeist. I know the movie was based in California, but if you read up on a couple of the houses on Poppet's Way, you'll see the stories are very familiar!

Here's my linkage if you'd like to read up on my subdivision:
http://www.forgottenus.com/index.php?p=place.view&place=1978
http://www.ghostsofamerica.com/7/Texas_Crosby_ghost_sightings.html
http://halloween.whipnet.net/history/haunted.html
http://ghosthauntings.org/Black_Hope_Cemetery_Crosby_Texas.aspx
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2009/08/07/friday-video-black-hope-cemetery
http://www.blackhopecem.webs.com/
http://catierhodes.com/2011/10/14/horror-in-suburban-houston/

Or, if you'd rather, just search these terms to see what you come up with on your own:
Newport, Crosby, Tx
Black Hope Cemetery
Poppet's Way

Replies

• Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Wow- that is a bunch of words. :tongue:
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I've got one.

One day I was sitting at the computer at home with one of my dogs resting next me. It was a warm day and the front door was opened. My son was in the front room watching TV. I heard someone walking up my pathway way and I called to my son to make sure the front door was closed. My dog charges the door and it scares people. I start to get up to see who is at the front door and my dog goes crazy barking and then stops and stares down the hallway and her hair is standing straight up. I stop because I have never ever seen her do this. I yell to my son, "who is at the door". He looks at me like I am crazy and said there is no one here. I said then we need to contact ghost hunters cause the dog must have seen a ghost... Then I turned to him and said no, really who was here. He said 'mom no one came to the door".. I said " I heard them walking up and the dog reacted to someone". He said no, I didnt hear anyone. So, I just looked at him and I know I heard someone walking up the pathway. So, I walk outside and look all around. I swear I heard someone and the dog and gone crazy...

So, I was confused but oh well. My daughter gets home and I tell her what happened and said that her dog must have seen a ghost and we laughed it off.

Later that day, I call my dad who lives alone and didnt drive and I wanted to know if he wanted me to bring him anything. I was coming over to visit him. He only lived about 10 minutes away. He didnt answer the phone. So, I kinda worried a little but he was hard of hearing and watched TV frickin loud. So about 10 minutes later I called again, still no answer. I told my daughter and both of us started to panic and wonder about the incident earlier. So we both got in the car and started to drive over and she was calling the whole time. No answer. We get there and we are outside, and I could hear the loud TV and I said to her, OMG everthing is ok, the TV is really loud. She runs in just to be sure and then I am right behind her. I hear her say "Grandad" and I look and instantly I knew he was gone.

We called paramedic and they came over and and said that he had passed about 2-3 hours. Which would put it at the time I heard someone at my house. My dad always came to my house for dinner..... So I know it was him coming for one more visit.

I miss him so much and treasured all his visits to me. :frown:

**sorry mine is so wordy too***
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a similar story to the one above. My father disappeared one day, he was having financial trouble but no one knew about it and when it got to a certain point he just took off (we have since reconnected but it was years later that I finally found him). The night that I found out he was gone I was staying with his parents, it had been a long, rough day. My mom called in the middle of the night that same night and told me that my great grandfather had passed away. After I finally drifted off to sleep I woke up suddenly, I'm not sure what woke me but I felt like I wasn't alone. I looked around and didn't see anyone but then I heard "I'm right here." It was kind of quiet but I could hear it plain as day, like someone was standing right next to me. It didn't scare me, it was somehow comforting. I'm absolutely certain it was my great grandfather trying to comfort me. People think I'm crazy when they hear this story but I know what happened!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    You are not crazy.:happy: