Scale Help!

Options
Does Anyone know which number is right...

If I weigh myself in the morning on the day I weigh in....this number is great but it goes up during the day. If I weigh myself at night it is alot more.

Which number is right?????? I feel like the morning one in wrong because I have been sleeping and havent eaten in awhile.

THANKS SO MUCH!!

Replies

• MrBinkerton
    Options

If I weigh myself in the morning on the day I weigh in....this number is great but it goes up during the day. If I weigh myself at night it is alot more.

Which number is right?????? I feel like the morning one in wrong because I have been sleeping and havent eaten in awhile.

THANKS SO MUCH!!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    wake up, pee, get nekkid, and hop on the scale.
    everything after that is food and water and anything that gets "backed up"
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You should weigh yourself at the same time each time you weigh in. Weight can and will fluctuate hour to hour and day to day. Try to weigh just once a week at the same time so you can get the best idea of total weight lost. I weigh once a week in the morning. Food and sodium consumed definitely makes the scale reflect extra pounds.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    wake up, pee, get nekkid, and hop on the scale.
    everything after that is food and water and anything that gets "backed up"

Hehehe! ...pee, get nekkid...funny! I do that, too! :laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

THANKS SO MUCH!!

The # in the am is more accurate- Daily your weight flucuates. So during the day as you consume food and drinks that all equals weight. but its not actual fat weight its just the weight of the food and liquid. Dont stress yourself. The best time to way yourself is as soon as you wake go to the bathroom then weigh yourself. If you weigh with clothes on make sure its typically the same clothes. I weigh in naked :blushing: -- I don't want any extra ounces due to clothing
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    On the main CHECK-IN page there's a suggestion on when and how to weigh in.

Read it, follow it, and stop weighing in all day. It'll only frustrate you.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    As long as you weigh yourself at the same time of day each time, than you will be able to accurately track your weightloss. The question of whether or your true weight is your am weight or pm weight is meaningless. Your weight fluctuates all the time, which is normal. Don't focus just on what the scale tells you. Focus on how good you feel, the inches you lost, etc.

Scale obsession is dangerous :wink:
  • MrBinkerton
    Options
    Thanks for all of your help with this!

Oh I rarely weigh-in!!!! I don't like it because it doesn't represent anything. You have to go by how your clothes feel and fit and your overall feeling. I just didn't know if I should go by the morning or night number when I do decide to check :smile:

Thanks!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    As long as you weigh yourself at the same time of day each time, than you will be able to accurately track your weightloss. The question of whether or your true weight is your am weight or pm weight is meaningless. Your weight fluctuates all the time, which is normal. Don't focus just on what the scale tells you. Focus on how good you feel, the inches you lost, etc.

Scale obsession is dangerous :wink:

That Kat is one smart lady!

I weigh in every day around 3p-3:30p after my workout.
    Consistancy is key, not time of day, I'd say.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    can anybody explain to me how you can go down in weight by as much as five pounds during the night? This is based on weighing before I hop into bed, then weighing again as soon as I wake up- after I pee I have usually got rid of another 1/2 lb or so, but how can all that weight just "disappear" during the night?

Also, can anyone explain where the weight "goes" ? What I mean is.. do you pee it out, does it go into your bowel movements, I know it sounds a little weird, but I am curious to know how it is exiting the body? Anybody care to shed some light?
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    wouldn't it be great if sleeping was the ultimate weight loss plan??

I have no great explanation of where the weight goes overnight.... I'm interested too!