Milk?

Options
Hey Yall! So I've been experimenting with different Milks. I love Kashi cereal and I've found its a great meal replacement when I don't want to add a bunch of calories. I've been using Hood Calorie Countdown Milk but my husband isn't a big fan on it. The last time I went to the store I noticed there are soooo many different kinds of Milk! Soy...and almond? What are yall's suggestions? I want something low calorie and not with alot of sugar.
Thanks!
Love
Cassie

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like soy, but I think almond has less calories. Check the labels for sugar as some have it added.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi cereal, too. I only use skim milk.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall! So I've been experimenting with different Milks. I love Kashi cereal and I've found its a great meal replacement when I don't want to add a bunch of calories. I've been using Hood Calorie Countdown Milk but my husband isn't a big fan on it. The last time I went to the store I noticed there are soooo many different kinds of Milk! Soy...and almond? What are yall's suggestions? I want something low calorie and not with alot of sugar.
    Thanks!
    Love
    Cassie

Our bodies weren't designed to drink milk so you should probably stay away from it.

LOL I'm totally trolling.
    On a serious note, Almond milk and Soy milk are delicious as long as you aren't expecting it to taste like milk.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've recently started using almond milk. Only 60 Calories a cup and delicious with Kashi.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    lactose free skim milk
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I was a big milk drinker when I was...well up until about a month a go. Then recently I switched to Silk, Original and I actually enjoy it quite a bit now! IT has a different flavor to it, but it is something I really enjoy and I am not sure, it is easier to swallow for me than regular milk. I would recommend it :D
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Breast milk....though nutrient profile is pretty weak
    • 70 calories
    • 89.97 g water
    • 7.4 g carbohydrates (primarily lactose)
    • 4.2 g fat
    • 1.3 g protein
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I like the original soy.
  • JLWard16
    Options
    I just started trying different kinds of milk. I tried Almond soy milk, too strong of a taste. Now i tried Soy Vanilla Light Milk, It is low cal. 70 and taste great. No after taste.
  • scleesh
    scleesh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Almond Milk!
  • OliveBruises
    OliveBruises Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love almond breeze! I use this with cereal. But as for drinking a glass of milk (grew up drinking a glass of milk with each meal so sometimes I crave a nice big glass of milk!), I would highly reccomend Horizon Organic Fat Free milk. Other fat free milks taste like watered down versions. This stuff tastes like milk! It's so good.
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy a nice glass of milk with some meals and of course on some good cereals. We actually buy raw milk but I take off the cream that comes to the top and make butter. I figure it helps with keeping the fat numbers down while still getting the good milk taste. Otherwise, the beverage is water. I can honestly say, I've not ever had any of the milks listed.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I like soy, but I think almond has less calories. Check the labels for sugar as some have it added.
    Definitely... I bought some almond milk without thinking it would have added sugar. It was so sweet it was gross.
  • Ashbee1224
    Options
    I really like SIlk Lite Vanilla, it's barely sweet but gives it a lil flavor. it's really low in sugar & 60-70 calories a cup.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Almond milk is great (I love the vanilla flavor), low calorie, but doesn't have the protein you get from skim milk. If you don't have any lactose issues, I think real milk is the way to go.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    SOY! I love it.. i get vanilla.. it takes a minute to get used to the taste because it's different than milk. But I love it and drink it every day!! It makes cereal taste so much better! I cannot go back to normal milk!!
  • cbelt82
    cbelt82 Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks Yall! I'm excited to try the new stuff! I'm thinking I'm gonna try soy first (it seems like more yall liked the soy over the almond).
    Love
    Cassie