Exercise with Kinect?

Options
Hi, I just joined about a week ago and I exercise with my Xbox360 video game, Your Shape Fitness Evolved, it seems to be a good workout, anyone else doing it? and what has your experience been?

Replies

• OceanlabTech
    Options
    I was thinking about getting that. I use Dance Central and it burns a good amount of calories, bout 100 cals for 15mins.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought about doing this... I'd like to hear some experiences as well!
  • Kbalz
    Kbalz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My boss does it and raves about it every morning, he's lost weight using it. I personally would be too tempted to play other games though !
  • nancyv73
    Options
    It does give you a heck of a workout. I was really surprised about how much it gets you up and moving. My son and I do the workout together. It is great for the whole family.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have that game for my Kinect and really enjoy it - haven't done it in awhile but need to start again. If you enjoy your exercise, you're likely to do it longer and more often. The last time I did it was before I got my heart rate monitor - I liked that it estimated calories burned but next time I'll be wearing my HRM to see how accurate that estimate really is. :-)
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Don't have that game yet (waiting for the new version to come out) but LOVE active fit 2 and I do the zumba. Dance central is OK, to much stopping to switch songs for me. But great to play with the kids or when having friends over. Also the biggest looser is good also. So far between the different things that I do I have lost a lot of inches and weight. Been seriously trying to loose weight since July. So good luck. The kinect has great games
  • BlJohnston77
    BlJohnston77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for my Kinect as well as Kinect sports Zumda you burn about 250 calories for a half hour workout. Kinect sports I am not sure yet but Im sure its alot my legs burn after doing the track and field section on it. How is the fitness evolved one that you have also I would really like to try the Ufc intense work out!!!!!!
  • Jiv7
    Jiv7 Posts: 36
    Options
    I have it, I like it but I tend to get bored with it. Id rather play the other games where theres just as much movement but at least there's a story involved. Kinect sports is my favorite!
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My body is so sore the next day after playing dance central. It gets you using muscles in ways you normally don't. It's always fun and never feels like a workout till the next day of course :wink: I love it!
  • Katzilla82
    Options
    I have the biggest loser on Xbox it's just like having a trainer at home. You can even talk to the game!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I love my kinect! :heart: I bought a cheap Heart Rate monitor to calculate my calories burnt.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have that game. I have tried it, but I didn't care that much for it. The graphics are terrible and there is really no reason for that. I just found it a bit boring and there were times it didn't register my movements. I have heard a lot of people on here that really love it, especially the personal trainer route and the cardio boxing, so I am going to give it another shot. I love just playing the adventures game that came with the Kinect. The one where you jump and squat wears me out. Next I am planning on trying the Zumba or Dance Central. The Kinect is much more fun than the treadmill.
  • rly123
    rly123 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When I first wanted to try Zumba, I tried it on Kinect first before I actually joined a class.. Lol! I love it so much and do it if I don't have enough time to go to the gym. Kinect sports is fun with a group of people.
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have that game, and it does work you out. The only problem I have with it is that some things I can't quite do correctly yet, and it doesn't acknowledge it unless it is exactly right. So it is like a wasted effort almost. It just keeps telling me I am wrong :(
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Would love to have a Kinect & be able to exercise with it.

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I use dance central and I have the yourshape game but I find it terribly boring. I only do it if I'm just struggling to get a workout in and I need something to force me. I do like how it really gets your heart rate up -- the kickboxing is definately the most fun and I kind of want to buy the bollywood thing but I'm waiting for your shape 2 to see if people like it a little more.

Dance Central is the BEST though - if anyone plays that I want to be friends!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I have Your Shape and Dance Central. Love both of them for workouts! Want to get Zumba next!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I have Your Shape and Dance Central. Love both of them for workouts! Want to get Zumba next!

The zumba game is not well reviewed, I am waiting for a zumba 2.
  • shesgrand
    shesgrand Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is interesting! I always wonder if the calories they post are accurate on the game, please let me know what you come up with :)
  • shesgrand
    shesgrand Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have that game for my Kinect and really enjoy it - haven't done it in awhile but need to start again. If you enjoy your exercise, you're likely to do it longer and more often. The last time I did it was before I got my heart rate monitor - I liked that it estimated calories burned but next time I'll be wearing my HRM to see how accurate that estimate really is. :-)

That is interesting! I always wonder if the calories they post are accurate on the game, please let me know what you come up with :)